Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Latest News
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

privacy "i like it"button

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:32
I've been trying to follow this thread, But are people saying that facebook know i'm using sensi's site, or just when i click the like button? Would someone please clarify this for me, cheers.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 16:06
I think if you remain logged in to Facebook, which most people do (you actually have to log out, instead of just closing the window/tab, or navigating away), then there is some kind of FB cookie which tells you which of your friends 'like' certain pages.

Whether this also sends information back to FB is something I'm unclear on. Not sure if they're able/permitted to gather information in this way.

If you're concerned, don't have any other widows/tabs open while using FB and be sure to manually log out of FB when you finish a session.

All in all, I don't think it matters much. There's not much human interaction with the info collected by Google. It's all for The Algorithm, in order to fire more finely targeted advertising at you.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 23:14
Cheers for clearing that up Ganja.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 19:16
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/325131

Busted, with a capital B.

"Apparently Facebook violated the U.S. Wiretap Act by tracking users' movement on the Internet through "like" buttons embedded on millions of web pages throughout the web."

I told you so :) and if they doing that there, what else are they doing that hasnt been uncovered. DO NOT TRUST FACEBOOK!!!

breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:17
proteus ! only trust sensi ;)
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:49
Well P,

First thing I thought was " man after my own heart" then I thought " who say's weed makes ya para, lol".

I never got into the facebook thing, but it's a business with deep reaches. To make sure they keep there stock market valuation, then I think they'll use it.

Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:10
Facebook has had a bad rep for longest time anyway. Only reason im posting now is that its finally gotten onto sky news, no doubt its come out at this time due to fb stock market thingys and i couldnt pass up the oppurtunity to say i told you so :p Really quite invasive tho isnt it? tracking you after you log out. Most peoples browsers will at least be set up to delete cookies when its closed, but if you didnt know and just logged out and then came to a site like this without closing .... bit naughty
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 13:01
It all falls down if people don't use Facebook.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 21:03
USE YOUR COMMON SENSE AND ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 21:06
And I prefer seeing people to talk face to face or dangerouses phones, FB? I never go there or any other same kinda BIG S****....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>