Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Myths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Horse S##t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse S##t
    Posted: 19 February 2012 at 22:19
i know an old hippie fella who grows with horse turds.
i cant help but think of it when i smoke his weed.
even though its realy nice i dread to think what else he throws in there. his cheese is amazing hes had the cut for years or so he says i can actualy say ive smoked the same quality stuff/strain, of his for years
just a bit wrong when you think about the ferts though lol i know theres organic but is that a bit to organic? ....thats what i thought but his weed is awsome? i never asked him what he used until now wish i hadent bothered even chemicals sound better for once,,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:14
Definitely not wrong IMHO!

Horse shit is less common that cow manure as a fertiliser (maybe because cows produce a hell of a lot more), but herbivore droppings are pretty much the definition of organic fertiliser.

Before nitrogen was synthesised, guano was such a valuable source of nitrogen, empires would claim every tiny birdshit-covered atoll they came across.

Does he dig the horse manure into his garden, or is he actually filling pots with the stuff?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:21
ck you eat meat & veg dont you? its the same thing its all fed on sh1t one way or another and has been ever since humans started to farm instead of living a nomadic life some 5000+ years ago. its not the sh1t your smoking,eating,etc its the chemicals within the sh1t, the only difference between chemical fertilizers and organic is that organic NPK has been around for almost forever being passed from life form to life form and chemical NPK was created in a lab using highly toxic powders & solutions.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:23
beat me again ganja, you obviously do not use the hunt & peck keyboard method lol
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:18
Originally posted by Ganja

Definitely not wrong IMHO!Horse shit is less common that cow manure as a fertiliser (maybe because cows produce a hell of a lot more), but herbivore droppings are pretty much the definition of organic fertiliser.Before nitrogen was synthesised, guano was such a valuable source of nitrogen, empires would claim every tiny birdshit-covered atoll they came across.Does he dig the horse manure into his garden, or is he actually filling pots with the stuff?

hi G, he throws it in his soil and mixes it around.
in the pot he dosent grow in the ground not to my knowledge.
lol i think i might try this on some out door, he gets the shit from his own horses hes got 2 nice old horses he rides etc lol im going to see him later i think the funny old git.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:20
thanks guys i know you are right and ill have to deal with it pmsl
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:30
be careful not to use fresh horse manure ck as it can burn the plants root i made that mistake in my veg patch last year also horse,cow manure contains a lot of seeds bu that should not be a problem if it under the ground
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:36
Sheep and cow manures are more user friendly than horse manure... it's good stuff, heaps of roughage for improving soil structure etc, but horses pass a lot of grass seed intact through the digestive system so it does tend to sprout a lot of weeds. Especially if the horses are free browsing on paddock grass.

Apart from that it's great mate!
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:58
hi sarah hes got a small paddock, and hes been feeding on hay all winter because the grass dosent grow gona get some off him i think for my outdoor obviously. lol not takin shit into my flower area, i always muck it out, not muck it up
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 00:15

I wanted to try manure, but all the places that deliver will only deal by the ton. Put a stop to that little scheme :)

Master of life! Bringer of death!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>