Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:16
As Mellow noted earlier, the plants show signs of too much fertiliser in their history (the burnt edges = too much fertiliser). Seeing as you haven't added extra fertiliser to the plants, we can conclude that the soil was pretty rich in the first place.

If you are going to pot up into a neutral medium like Promix or other unfertilised potting mixture, then Melvan has the right sort of idea about introducing soluble fertiliser.

If, on the other hand, you still have the same soil/compost at home that burnt your seedlings... don't add any extra fertiliser or nutrient solutions. It's obvious that the soil has enough fertiliser in it to sustain a few weeks growth.

Your plants will tell you when they are hungry. Personally, I don't think that your plants look like they are ''crying out" for anything. They seem to have got over the earlier burn from nitrogen rich soil and are approaching pot up time.

This is what a plant looks like when it really needs to get some fertiliser fast...

Note the yellow leaves around the bottom of the plant. If a plant doesn't get enough nitrogen from the soil it will pull it out of the older leaves to continue growing new leaves at the top of the plant. So the plant looks yellow at the bottom and then gradually more and more green towards the top. 

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 16:13
Hello Sarah Louise i hope you are well.
Thanks for the advice and being my first grow i appreciate all the help i can get.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 16:44
Wishing you luck kph

Originally posted by kph1966

The soil is a quite expensive compost i bought last year for plants in containers my little girl was planting but on my next run i will definitely be using something a bit better suited for the job in hand.

Out of interest, what is the compost you're using? Some composts can only be used in the year of purchase (John Innes No1 for example) as the nutrient in them can become unbalanced.

Sturdy looking plants however.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 17:39
Hello Hash i hope you are well.
It is john innes that i am useing but i potted up into just a regular descent compost and they seem to be really coming on now.
I am after just keeping these two as mother plants and just flowering clones off them but am waiting another two weeks before i start taking cuttings.
They are both really compact but one stands about 14 inches and the other is about 11 so they should stand a good chance of handling my butchery.
I also have a few early skunk seeds for doing a outdoor grow which i will be germing next week.
You have a good day and good luck with your growing ventures.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 00:32
That would fairly certainly explain the nute burn kph. I've half a bag of the stuff left over from last year and was tempted to use it this year. Your experience has made me wiser. From here on up it'll be green.  You'll see.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 14:05
Hello all. 36 days of vegging what i am hopeing to keep as mothers.
It just goes to show how hardy these plants are that not only are they still alive but beginning to thrive.They are now in 15 litre pots and seem well settled
As always any advice or comments are much appreciated.
And any advice about takeing clones and the care of them and mother plants would be a great help as i am aiming to start takeing clones within the next two weeks.
All have a good day.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 20:35
Yeah kp, they do seem to be thriving, really nice and green.

When I get a minute, I'll post up what I know about cloning, which isnt that much granted but sometimes not much is all you need to know.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 22:42
Hello HD i hope you and your lanky seedlings are doin well.
Its a scary thing to start choppin away at me plants especially seen how its my first grow i don't really want to make a balls of it and kill the plants havin come this far.
Been watching loads of you tube vids about cloning and peoples techniques seen to vary quite a bit but at some point i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go for it so any advice is much appreciated.
You and the seedlings have a good night.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 11:04
Hello i hope everyone is well.
I took 8 clones of one plant as it was getting way taller and bushier than the other but after 4 days in a propagator they are as limp and lifeless as can be.
I tried to follow Jorge Cervantes tut in his vids as closely as possible but i fear they may be for the bin or do you think they may pickup?
I also have develloped a few leaves that have unusual marks,i have looked about for critters but cannot seem to find any.
Sorry about the quality of the photos its a crap camera i have.
Everyone have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 14:41
hey i don't really know alot about clones, i've only rooted one :) I've worked with a couple after they've rooted.

4 days in the prop is no time, they could take a while longer yet so don't give up.

I know they get worse before they get better, but one of the others who's a clone master will say :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>