Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 22:11
This is the second time today I've read about someone cloning in the dark. That doesn't make any sense to me.

The plant is pushing out root, using massive amounts of energy. Photosynthesis is still going on in the leaves, while at the same time the cut uses stored sugars from the fans. Deny them that little bit of photosynthesis that they're able to do and I would think you'd get failed clones, or clones that have been severely weakened by the time they root and need a lot of tlc to get back on the move.

My cuts root in a mini-domed hothouse under 24hrs full spectrum 40w floros

Just my 2 cents though, there may be a perfectly valid reason people are doing it.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:39
Hello Melvan i hope everything is good with you.
I did see some you tube vids were they kept them in the dark for the first 24 hours and then put them under lights but like i said peoples techniques vary widely.
I am trying to take in as much advice as possible from people who do clone as this is my first attempt.
They do seem to be starting to stand up a little taller and this is 7 days now since i cut them,they have been under the dome since day one but today i opened the vents a tad to start acclimatising them to the grow areas conditions a bit and i will keep a close eye on them to see what if any effect this has.
As always your opinion is much appreciated.
You have a good day
Live and let live
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:58
hi kph, i do my cuttings pretty much the bog standard way except i do not mist them as this only causes problems i also keep the rockwool/peat pellets slightly on the dry side after a few days as i find they root faster & more vigorously, i know a lot of people who as soon as there is a root showing whack them in compost but i like to leave them a few days to build up a good root mass then transplant the them. hope this helps    

edit i think i posted this on the wrong thread lol
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 16:35
I'm going to take 2 cuts of Deadhead OG today from the exact same plant. I think I'll put one in the dark for 24 hrs, the other just in the hothouse under the light, see if I see any change in rooting times, which on this girl is about 7 days. I'll let you know what I find.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 17:32
Hello Sickle and Melvan i hope you both are well.
Sickle i was wondering about the misting as when i misted them the first time as soon as they had been cut the leaves seemed to be pinned to the compost and i was also thinking about whether they would send out roots quicker to look for water if there wasn't much available.
Melvan i will be very interested to see how you get on with your experiment.
You both have a good day.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 21:58
Hello i hope everyone is well.
Well after nearly 3 weeks in the propagator it looks as though all the clones i took have rooted[i think]as they are all stood up nicely.
I should have my new space shorted this comeing week so i can get my tent set up and get at least one plant under 12 12 600hps.
I have also decided to go with deep water culture and ordered all the tackle i require which was quite cheap really.pumps,air stones,buckets,net pots and sensi grow A+B and bloom A+B for a six plant set up for just less than a 100 quid.
Also built a bubble cloner today cost 15 quid all in and took 15 minutes and thank you Ganja for the advice on that one,just waiting on my ph pen and i will get some cuttings stuck in it.
I will post some pictures up within the next few days when there's something for you guys to look at.
Anyone have any experience with DWC and have any advice it would be much appreciated.
Happy weekend everyone
Live and let live
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 16:11
Well that is good news kp. You'll know when they've taken, you should slowly see lighter green growth at the centres. 
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 17:50
Hello HD i hope you and the seedlings are doing well[which they look to be]
The reason i built the bubble cloner was because of the speed at which they seem to root so i can't wait to get some cuttings it it to give it a whirl.Have also been watching tons of videos about deep water culture and how fast they seem to grow so decided to give that a go as well.
Can't wait to get cracking.
You have a good weekend.
Live and let live
jmyers1944 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jmyers1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 05:50
HOPE ALL IS WELL!!
   looking good
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:55
Hello 1944 i hope you are well.
I have been busy trying to sort my new grow space and should have it sorted within the next 4-5 days.
I built a bubble cloner and got some cuttings in it a few days ago and they are progressing very nicely.
The next week should see my grow start in earnest as up until now i have just been setting myself up to hopefully have a continuous grow on the go.
You have a nice weekend.
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>