Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 16:11
hi kph, when you do feed start nice and low, my Super skunk started to go mad for food about 30 days from seed, i wouldent think sensi super skunk would be miles away from your white label version,
infact virtualy the same probebly, the plants seem robust and able to take topping,clones etc with very little shock, very hardy indeed. check the ph on your rain water i believe it can be very acidic, i think a good ph for soil is around 6.5-7.0. good work so far, and its all about the new growth like sickle pointed out mate,,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 16:15
oh sorry i have noticed that most tap water comes out at around the right ph for soil growers, if ph was the cause of the leaves yellowing.
if you did use tap water you could fill a 2 litre bottle of it let it stand over night/warm up perfect size for 2 plants, and in theory be on the correct ph etc,
just makes me wonder if the rain water is causing you problems,,,CK
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 16:20
acid rain?

mmmm, wouldn't surprise me whats in the rain. TBH i don't trust tap water much either. I get white stuff in mine?
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 16:25
just got this off wiki ive never trusted rain lol or as you say water, i think your safer using tap water thats stood for at least over night

Acid rain is a rain or any other form of precipitation that is unusually acidic, meaning that it possesses elevated levels of hydrogen ions (low pH). It can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure. Acid rain is caused by emissions of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids. Governments have made efforts since the 1970s to reduce the release of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere with positive results. Nitrogen oxides can also be produced naturally by lightning strikes and sulfur dioxide is produced by volcanic eruptions. The chemicals in acid rain can cause paint to peel, corrosion of steel structures such as bridges, and erosion of stone statues
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 17:34
Thanks for the input guys,
I was wondering the same thing but being my first grow loads of different thoughts go racing through my head about possible causes and acid rain was one of them.
I actually googled the ph of rain water and it stated that it should be about 6 to 6.5.
I was thinking of getting a ph tester but what should i go for one for soil or one for water?
The thing is i thought the plants were a little slow and then once i starting giving them rain water instead of tap water they seem to have come on a bit or that may just be my imagination.
As always your kind advice is much appreciated.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 13:19
Hello all just a few pictures at 14 days from germ,
The new growth does seem to be looking a lot healthier to me since i got temps - watering and fans under better control but then again i still have trouble telling my arse from my elbow and still keep burning my backside testing my little girls bath water temp.
There seems to be a lot less damage to the new leaves compared to the first sets what do you guys think?

I was thinking of potting on within the next few days would you guys advise this and if so have you any advice regarding potting on as any advice is much appreciated.

Everyone have a good day
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:06
Hello i hope you all had a good week and weekend.
So here are a few pictures at 21 days from germ,
Photos taken just before i watered them since i hadn't done for two days as i think most of the early damage i did to the plants was probably down to over watering.
I also poted up to 2.5 litre pots last week as they were root bound in the 0.75 pots they were in.

They seem to be comeing on a lot better letting them dry out for a couple of days and then watering and getting stronger with each new set of leaves that grow so fingers crossed i don't bugger things up.
The tallest of the two is about 7 inches and the smaller about 6 inches but they would both be a inch taller but when i potted up i buried about a inch of the stem.
As always any advice would be much appreciated.
Everyone have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:26
well done buddy they're coming along nicely now.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:37
Morning Chris i hope everything is hunky dory in your neck of the woods.
Well i've not managed to kill them yet which is a nice surprise and being my first grow i'm just thankful of that.
I think their probably a good week behind were they should be due to my newbie short comings but they must be a very hardy plant.
Just have to keep trying not to kill em and see how things play out.
Cheers and have a good day.
Live and let live
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 16:53
"Just have to keep trying not to kill em" That's a funny line right there, lol.

Looking much better, stick to the wet/dry cycle like you are and they'll do fine. You're not giving any feed right? Just water?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>