Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Got some questions..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got some questions..
    Posted: 17 January 2006 at 11:42

Hi there , i've setup my 400 watt HPS light. Now since im growing at my girlfriends house now i must tell that she doesnt want to leave the light on all day.

Is there any other option for not taking up to 18/6 hours for veg. What happens when the seedlings dont get the 18 ours of light is that bad or what?

Further on i've germed 5 out of 11 now , 2 already potted and 3 remaining under wet toils. Now the first one i planted has now 4 leaves but he stays rather small , I only used poor soil which i shouldnt have but i still have to purchase some other things in order to make it better. Oh and what would be the best ph for NL's?

All info given is appreciated

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 14:25

Does your girlfriend object to the amount of power used, or the fact that the light is visible?

If it's about the electricity bill, you could switch to a light that uses less power. Try a compact fluorescent (AKA 'envirolight') or a few standard 120cm tubes.

The CF will give you around 10,000 lumens from 125w

A 120cm fluoro tube gives about 2800 lumens from 36w

The further your indoor plants move away from the 18hr cycle, the greater the chance they have of being triggered to flower. It depends on the strain and individual plant.

At about 17hrs, the risk wouldn't be too great. At 16hrs there's still not too much danger of unexpected flowering. Below 15 hours, the risk starts to increase.

You could probably stop plants from enetering flowering, even in a short day, by not allowing them long periods of uninterupted darkness. If your plants never receive more than 6 or 8 hours per night of darkness, they should not start flowering.

On the downside, if you were keeping your lights running at a minimum and interrupting the dark cycle with a short light period, while this could keep plants from flowering it could also shock them into turning hermaphrodite.

Growing on soil, you should try to keep around pH 6.0

Buy soil that's close to this pH, if possible, and make sure it has a good content of perlite or other material to aid drainage. You can add more perlite (up to 10 or 15% of soil volume), if necessary.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 17:36

Okay thanks for these tips, I;ve made the room with plastic on the outside so my girl wouldnt be bothered by the lights. tho i still need to configure what is the costs per kwh. I got some pics i can show its not much yet but it's a start.

Hers a few germing seeds.. members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/rooted%20seeds.JPG

the first seed, after few days members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/Nl3%20days.JPG

Hers the one i was growing..

members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/nl1week.JPG

I will plant the other seeds in a day or two, also i got 2 seeds already in a pot to get their leaves. And put em all together under the 400 watt HPS light . Also is it true;  that during evening and nights , electricity doesnt consume as much as during daytime? I'll post some pics in a week orso when all the seeds are potted.Also im going to try and get atleast these 16 hours of light required, not hoping because the last few times were kinda messy with the light duration so ima try and do it better. Well im hoping the best for it i just hate it i dont have alot of room for much equipment so i need to take hold on the things i got and do it with that. I sorted the ph with nice growmix , soil and perlite , and some other minerals.

Keep posting , peace out !

Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 17:38
I need some anti detection fole and black/wit plastics aswell to reflecct the light that is wasted on the grounds and surfaces around the plant and soon plants..!
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 11:12
Neat , im set now on 18 hours with any fuzz :) Get set , ready 'n Grow!
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 16:33

Most plants are now about 15 cm's long with their fifth pair of leaves showing . In a week or so i will begin to transplant them in their final pots. And I will take some shots to show here .. so cya soon ...

americano View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote americano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 20:43
ok , sounds good, cant wait
I REMAIN
U KYIN SWAN
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:00

Here's the result after 20 days from seed to what it is now...

http://members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/S430022.JPG

http://members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/S43023.JPG

http://members.chello.nl/~m.verhoeven2/Northernlight/S430021.JPG

Could someone that has some experience with Northernlight's tell me if it how it looks so far :) Cheers bye

Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 19:30
FFs, my parents in law just did a bust in her house, i had to pack my things and go.. my plants are kinda demolished now :(
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 11:21

Dammit, it's the police that are meant to do busts, not parents. Sorry for your set-back, Melon.

Do your girlfriend's parents pay for the house? Or were you, your girl, your plants and the parents all living in the same place?

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>