Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Huge Fan leaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ukdruid View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ukdruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge Fan leaves
    Posted: 26 April 2012 at 11:30
I bought a pack of indoor mix from sensi about five or six years ago,,,
it said on the pack you will definately find a decent mother out of the collection,
I banged them all in pots in the greenhouse, and sure enough within a month, one of the plants, stood out, I took an exceptional shine too her for obvious reasons,,, and went on to growout  cuttings from her up until about a month ago, when I lost her accidentally %3cuch soo sad,
I want her back, or at least her sister.
In my bubbler
4 plants under 250 then halfway through change to  400w yielded me 12 oz every harvest of the nicest  tightest spicy hashiest  bud I ever smoked.   and with reall minimal effort ,,,  just keep picking off the fan leaves once established ,  5 years and from the original I probablly went through three generations, ie taking and growing out cuttings for crops but occassionally keeping one cutting as the new mother,,, and it just got better and better, I too became better just by growing the same variety rather than chopping and changing all the time.
again, soo so sad
 Im really after any help identifying her,
 without giving too much away as I'm not looking for more guesses based on sensi seed collection I have got it down too 3 or 4 varieties, by browsing sensi's catalogue for clues ie flowering times and growth characteristics, but
THE MAIN IDENTIFIER for me, and I have grown a few varieties in my 30 odd years growing but have never seen except on this plant sutch absolutely huge first fan leaves
within two weeks of being in the bubbler straight in to a twelve hour cycle
the first fan leaves this plant throws out are massive huge twice as big as a mans hand with the central blade being ten inches long and probablly 3 inches wide,and a real chunky leafe stalk. very indica ,after removing these leaves a few weeks in to flower,, the rest are never as big and kick in to a more sativa thin skinny leaf,,, man this plant had it all
 if someone else hase grown this or it sounds familiar, please comment so I can compare it to what I already know, and who knows if I do manage to find her again,,, I'd be awfullly greatful,,, cheers fo any hlp... ukdruid
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 11:45
I really couldn't be sure, but I've seen a few Indicas and Indica hybrids with enormous fan leaves:
Black Domina,
Afghani #1
Hash Plant
Shiva Shanti
California indica
Super Skunk

To be clear, these enormous leaves were also produced by clones going into flower, not just when the original seed plants were flowered, right?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 11:58
The biggest fan leaves I've seen were on hindu kush with jack herer a close second.
Now Bart, since you broke Grandpa's teeth, he gets to break yours.
ukdruid View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ukdruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 13:26
yep especially the clones
ukdruid View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ukdruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 13:29
straight into flower from cuttings 
and they would run 75 days more if the humidity is kept down
 Post Reply Post Reply