Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Jabberwocky 52

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jabberwocky 52
    Posted: 27 April 2012 at 18:05
Well growers/smokers/enthusiasts its that time of year again
time to try my luck in the great outdoors with our favorite plant
this season i've gone with a freezeland/friesland bx(boreal genetics)& iranian autoflower(Dr greenthumb) also two plants that germinated in one of my raised veg beds at the beginning of april that i think are Shiva Shanti but to be honest
could be anything, because i put all my un germinated seeds & used soil in the raised beds, hhhanyway all will be grown as organically as possible(because thats the way i like it lol) and finished in 50lt tubs.

Heres the breeder info

Freeze Mix
Expect productive plants that give potent and piney buds.
Freezeland 2bx X Freezeland bx F2
Mostly Indica
Outdoor (Harvest Mid to End September ± 45 Days)

Iranian autoflower
Finished height   18" - 30"
Yield             100 to 300 g
Finish            June! July!August!
Frost Resistance -Excellent

And here are the freezeland & the two unknowns
the iranians are indoors vegging under 24hr light
until they reach 12"-15" in height

Wishing all northern outdoor growers
Good luck & weather
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 19:43
Hello Sickle i wish you luck with the outdoor grow.
I still have to get my early skunk germed for my first outdoor grow attempt so will have to refer to your last years exploits for some tips because if i remember rightly you grew the early skunk with great success.
You have a good evening.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:00
hi kph, early skunk is a great outdoor strain yield/hardiness easily one of the best ive grown, i would of gone for it this season but i was recommended the freezeland by someone on another forum and the allure of a 45day flowering time was to much for my growers brain to handle, the iranian auto are very interesting to me as there not a true auto as they contain no rudi meaning you can veg them on 24hr light to the size you want but as soon as the light cycle changes they will flower also the early "gene" is meant to transfer well in breeding which is great because i plan to pollinate them with a black domina male to make very potent early offspring(hopefully) also there both indica so should lol match up nicely.

good luck & good weather   

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 14:52
Sounds like fun and games in Sickleland. All the best for the growing season %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves 
   Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
   And the mome raths outgrabe.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 22:52
hehe SL your the first person to notice where i nicked the name from
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 01:49
Beware the Jabberwocky my son!

My kids used to love listening to me read that poem.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:20
I've always wondered, when the info says "Outdoor (Harvest Mid to End September ± 45 Days", shouldn't it include the appropriate latitudes to such a time span? I mean, where I live, in Central America, the weather and sun exposure is pretty much the same all year round, unless we get an extremely raw rain season. If the plan is to harvest by late September, when would be an appropriate moment to plant?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:21
it should but who would buy them if they knew that they wouldnt finish until november at there latitude(above 49n), these freezeland seeds are bred outdoors in quebec which ranges from 47n-60+n and are grown all over canada im not expecting them to finish when they say they do, i never do theres to many variables weather,climate,micro climate,etc they should start to flower anytime from august 15th - september 1st at my latitude so should finish oct 15th - end oct but we'll see
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 20:24
So it's more a vague but optimistic estimate for northern hemisphere growers. Down here we're at 14º 38' N, sun lights for 11 or 12 a day, equal dark periods, so basically we can grow all year round outside, but it would be nice to have an estimated time of arrival, at least to reduce the urge to cut it too soon, I've seen it happen.

I actually ended up with an auto seed earlier this year, can't really say how or where I got it, as far as I know none of my farming mates has them. 11 weeks later and the plant is up for grabs. Didn't grew that much, I don't think she liked the tropical heat, or maybe she needed a different feeding regime.

Your little farming venture looks great, keep it green.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:00
lold, i hve read somewhere that for every degree north from 0-39n you grow you can add on a week to the given flowering time, but i doubt if this true

also today is the first bit of sunshine i ve had here for over a month
ive had 2 greenhouse blasting out to keep things moving alone
where has the summer gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>