Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Jabberwocky 52

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:07
BD males update, the males have naturally selected them selves in as only one(second best)didnt rot away the surprise BD female is now heavily seeded in the greenhouse. Freeze Cross info i have three females that have been put in to flower.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 09:56
Ah ha! Found it, if it's not to much trouble could a mod/adim move to here or delete my skunk kush under glass thread as I would like to use this one.

Thanks for your time.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 11:34
Ah i remember this thread! I see someone named a strain "jabberwocky" every time i read of it i think of this thread! Did you ever keep a BD girl and would you grow it again? I think you should PM Charly or Sarah Lou to move the thread here bud.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 12:38
EDIT BY CHARLY SENSI:

Hi everyone!! As Sicklehand asked, his Skunk Kush under glass thread has been copy/pasted here.

sicklehand

Skunk kush under glass
Posted: 22 August 2015 at 18:48

Thought id post some pictures of my skunk kush that i have growing in the greenhouse, she was meant to be coming indoors to flower but alas she has spider mite so instead she'll have to fend for herself. I will keep treating her for mites but with plants this big it is my experience that you can not rid them of mites totally.

On the plus side we do get to have a bit of fun growing a skunk hybrid in a greenhouse.. i will be insulating the greenhouse as much as possible to stretch the growing season as long as possible, i also have a heater that will help.

You cant really see it but she's about three foot tall and already giving off a nice skunky funk.

Im expecting it to start flowering around the beginning of September but we'll see.

Atbb

CowardlyCustard   22 August 2015 at 19:39

very sexy. what kind of pest control do you use, is it biological or chemical?

organicgrow      22 August 2015 at 22:15

Hey Sickle,
The plant looks absolutely lovely.

Abamectin combined with horticultural oil is a good pesticide mix if you're troubled by spider mites. It absolutely decimates them. It's only slightly systemic and the half-life is not long so there should be no concerns using it on cannabis, especially while the plants are in veg. Even in the first few weeks of bloom it's safe to use.

Abamectin is sold under many different brands around the world, so if you're interested a simple Google search will tell you which brands are available to you locally.

Cheers

sicklehand Yesterday at 10:47

Originally posted by CowardlyCustard

very sexy. what kind of pest control do you use, is it biological or chemical?

Hey Mr custard, I use neem and pyrethrium.

sicklehand Posted: Yesterday at 10:50

Originally posted by organicgrow

Hey Sickle,The plant looks absolutely lovely. Abamectin combined with horticultural oil is a good pesticide mix if you're troubled by spider mites. It absolutely decimates them. It's only slightly systemic and the half-life is not long so there should be no concerns using it on cannabis, especially while the plants are in veg. Even in the first few weeks of bloom it's safe to use.Abamectin is sold under many different brands around the world, so if you're interested a simple Google search will tell you which brands are available to you locally.Cheers

Thanks for the heads up og.

It's a real shame I can't flower it indoors because it would of been quite a show, but I don't want to infest the rest of the plants I have to flower.

CowardlyCustard    Posted: Yesterday at 11:15

had you ever thought of diatomaceous earth as a preventative. ive not used it personally as my outdoor experience is naught. just wondered if its ever been on your radar?

sicklehand     Posted: Yesterday at 11:21

Heard of it never used it though, I'll investagate whether or not it can be applied as a spray...

CowardlyCustard Posted: Yesterday at 11:26

you spread it on the ground around the base of the plant. stops anymore with climbing aspirations getting to the girls. makes your spray a lot more effective.

sicklehand    Posted: Yesterday at 11:34

Yeah I've heard of it used for soil born pests, thrips, gnats etc. I guess it couldn't hurt to have a safe guard them. Maybe next year.

sicklehand Posted: Yesterday at 11:56

A couple of more shots..

alecky     Posted: Yesterday at 11:57

Tis a beast sickle mate! I think she will do well outdoors, especially in the GH. Best of luck with her bro, looking forward to the show.

sicklehand      Posted: Yesterday at 12:09

Thanks bud, your right it should do well if i can keep the greenhouse warm an still have good ventilation because i think its going to be a late oct early nov finish.   

mellow          Posted: Yesterday at 12:25

Well first up, wow, that's one beautiful looking girl, love the colour and build as alekcy said beast! such a shame you can't get her under some decent lights.

We had no kind of summer yet, so i hoping we'll have an indian one, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya bud :).

Right it is nice out today, so i'm off :).

@ Sicklehand: Done!! I'm closing the other one with a link to bring your followers here. Talk to you soon.

Charly Sensi.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 12:54
Thank you charly, I tried to find this thread to start posting again with the skunk kush.... but i was looking in the wrong sections lol
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 14:20
Originally posted by alecky

Ah i remember this thread! I see someone named a strain "jabberwocky" every time i read of it i think of this thread! Did you ever keep a BD girl and would you grow it again? I think you should PM Charly or Sarah Lou to move the thread here bud.

Sorry fella just noticed your post, I didny keep the bd girl not for long AnywAy.... Yeah I'd grow it again, the black domina that I got was really nice a heavy after work type smoke. I kinda moved away from heavy indicas for abit but think ill refresh my memory with some northern lights after this first run of blue dream.

Atbb
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 15:44
Hello Sicklehand

You're welcome

Can't wait to see those ladies at the end of flowering, keep up the good work

Charly Sensi.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2015 at 04:56
Beautiful looking plants Sickle
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2015 at 11:27
I missed this grow last time round sickle, loved the results you got back from the purple plants, looked really good. I hope you can find a good northern strain, this time next year you'll be a millionaire :).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2015 at 11:44
Thanks charly/sarah, I found a touch of stem rot on the skunk kush the other day so quickly remedied it by using a light solution of bleach, hopefully I have caught it soon enough....

We have had some rotten days lately, cool and wet, fungus heaven!

@mellow, I already have loads of great northern outdoor genetics from Canada and Denmark all ill be doing is crossing them with each other to make my own unique hybrids..

Standing on the shoulders of giants, kinda thing..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>