Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Electricity bills

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 17:03
No, you don't have to convert for both cycles. I do all my vegging under cfls and t5s, all my flowering under a 1k hps, which, yes, is still the best way to go, but doesn't sound like it's an option for Sal.

And sickle is totally right, no sativas under low light, keep to indica for sure.

I normally use a T5 to flower when I make seed. yes the buds are smaller, although I don't find that I really lose density 'cause I can keep the low wattage lights super close to the plants.

I've never taken a look at any conversion rates or anything, I just always make sure I have proper lumens per sqft (3000 in veg, 5000 in flower at minimum). I think we're getting near the time here, especially with the onset of all the amazing LED growing going on right now, (seeing awesome yields and tokes coming from some of these LED growers, and they're saving like 40%+ on their electric bills) where wattage per sqft isn't going to be factor anymore unless you're running hps.
ascension108 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ascension108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 21:42
Sad to hear that mate, hope you find a way to finance your growing habit in the long run. ;-)

Happy smoker !
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 09:00
wow i feel like a lucky son of a bitch, I pay under .07 euro per Kw

i even have a buddy who ran 4 1000 watts, and a slew of inefficien equipment and his bill was still under 300 euro each month
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 09:22
hey petrolSS, do you live in a european country?
0,07 is very cheap...
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 09:33
lol no, i don't
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
touco View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote touco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 00:28
All I can add is although electricity is cheaper at night this only applies if you have two meters , one for the day and the other for night. If you only have one you pay a flat rate. Good luck
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 00:55
you could bypass your meter?? grow for free??
ANDWHAT
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 02:41
and get arrested for stealing electricity on top of your grow operation.

stealing electricity is the stupidest suggestion you could possibly ever make to anyone growing cannabis
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:06

depends what country you are in?? STUPID

ANDWHAT
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:16
Hey Sal,

Ok, so the price of bud is so high it negates any electricity costs.

If I lived where you do then I would be using all available resources, I would have a weekend in "The Alagarve" and make some contacts, mainly alburferra. We had to do drives to spain if we wanted a smoke, again alot harder to get bud in spain as it';s mostly hash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>