Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Disaster in paradis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
retro electro View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote retro electro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disaster in paradis
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:51
Hallo, 1 month ago i bought 100 seeds, various kinds. Unfortunately they all died in the first month :(
More than half of them didn't sprout, and the other half that sprout, grew a bit, made few leaves and then they all started to lean their heads one by one, getting yellow and stuff...
It's a disaster! Do you have any idea why that happened?
I did everything by the book.... I first kept them inside for few weeks and then moved them in the greenhouse.... The temperature was good, the water, everything... Might be because of the Bio Nova fertilizer you think? I was advised to start with it from the very beginning....
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:03
hi retro a bit more detail please, about medium, ph, how much ferts added,
seed quality etc they are all factors as 100 seed went wrong thats quite a bad sucess rate in anyones breeding camp who was the breeder of the seeds cant of been sensi
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote retro electro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:37
Hello there and first of all thanks for your feedback and support.
Second, to answer your question, no, they were not Sensi Seeds. They were different brands.
Let me tell you how everything happened exactly...
First i put them in cotton with water until they spouted.
When they sprouted i moved them in a small nursery box where i had them for 2 weeks. In the growing room i used good soil, one 600 watts lamp and a 60% humidity. The temperature was around 24 degrees and the soil was never too wet, was just fine.
After two weeks, when they were about 10 cm, i started to use bio nova fertilizer, which you advised me to use from the very beginning. After this they all started to die. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe it's because of the fertilizer... i don't know.
I only used bio nova one time, following the green chart that you gave me.
That was supposed to make them stronger but instead it might have killed them.
The symptoms they presented: the plants started to strangle like underneath the leaf after which they turned yellow and started to fall down.
Despite that, the roots and the stalk were looking pretty healthy.
Now they are all dead.
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 17:51
Did you follow the wet/dry cycle? Sounds to me like you may have over watered, what you're describing in a classic symptom of that.

Don't give up, it's just a bump in the road.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote retro electro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:50
I don't know what u mean by dry/wet cycle. It's the first time when i hear this terminology.
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 16:25
It just means letting the plants dry out between waterings. If you're growing in pots you want the pot to lose 2/3rds of its fully saturated weight before you water again. This cycle should be followed from the day you sow the seed to the day you harvest the plant.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote retro electro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 01:09
I see... Well, thanks a lot for the tip. I think i knew it at some point but i forgot along the way... Thanks.
tonio34 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote tonio34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 16:08
salut a tous moi sa a fait pareil tros d'arrosage mais je les et lesse secher pendent deux trop jour et jai repris mon cycle et la elle sont parfaite
Kempin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Kempin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 21:17
Did you get the seeds from a reliable person or seed-organisation?

The symptoms you describe namely resemble my last experiences with planting with bird seed hemp. Preferring a light product, I used to grow marijuana/hemp from bird seed hemp a couple of times between 1997 and 2006, and didn't grow/smoke at all after 2007. I tried growing these seeds again in 2010 and 2011. Unfortunately it appears that since those few years these seeds are being sterilised (probably because of some gouvernmental and/or EU Act). These last two times when I planted these seeds (also hundreds of seeds), they namely never grew taller than 3 à 4 inches in order to get weak, wilt, get pale, dry out and die. All this in a similar period, 1 à 1,5 month. I didn't use, fertilizer nor lamps, only sunlight and water and different doses of water in different pots, so at least one of those pots wasn't either too dry or too wet.

I hope you didn't get seeds like these birdseeds and paid a lot for them, because 100 of such seeds cost less than 1 of the cheapest SSB seeds. Better contact the seller of the seeds or contact people to hear about experiences with that particular seller.

About over-watering. This could also be the case, but all 100 of them? Not having grown/smoked for several years, I made the same mistake when I planted my first grow of Ruderalis Indica seeds (directly in the soil of the pots) this year end of march. After a nice period in March, April turned out to be dull and cold so the soil couldn't properly dry, yet 4 out of 8 survived. Growing slow but still looking ok. Two weeks ago I did a next round sowing 8 seeds of which 7 just came above the soil I took care not to use too much water this time. I gave them a teacup of water after sowing and I in this stage I only water them with the plant spray.

Next time you plant such a number of seeds, perhaps divide the sowing like 50 the first time and 50 one month later or 25 seeds with intervals of 2 à 3 weeks and experimenting with different circumstances (dry, moist soil; with/without fertilizer) and see what happens.

Moreover it's not too late to sow now. Years ago I even sowed seeds half of august (after my holiday when the first grow died of drought during my absence) and althoug they remained relatively small, they did flower and give seed. So just try again now it's still summer. I'm going to sow my third group of Ruderalis I. (and some newly arrived Guerilla's Gusto) coming week.

Post Reply Post Reply