Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Free License in a Grow Store

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free License in a Grow Store
    Posted: 08 May 2012 at 04:59
a buddy of mine owns a local grow store, told me i could go in there and test, play with and otherwise experiment with anything in the entire store.

keeping in mind we'll have to disregard marijuana, and use tomato plants as our guinea pigs - let's start hearing some ideas!!

give me a list of ideas which im sure you've come up with over your years in this hobby, all those ideas for experiments, for comparisons maybe that you never had the resources to see through fruition.

let's learn some shit fella's

i have access to a huge array of lights, nutrients, soils, containers, etc etc etc so this is nearly unlimited in the possibilities
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 19:03
Some experiments require laboratory equipment as well growing equipment. Like tissue sample analysis or recycled nutrient solution analysis.

Some would require airtight environments, such as CO2 enrichment or Ethylene ripening.

Still there's a lot you could do. Off the top of my head:

Comparative grows using different types of media, different growing/training/pruning methods, different feeding/irrigation regimens, different nutrient formulations, different medium/nutrient solution additives such as humic acids, plant hormones or effective microorganisms, different medium/nutrient solution pH and concentrations, different environmental factors such as medium temperature, water temperature, ambient temperature, humidity, Light spectrum etc.

I don't think you would have enough resources to carry out all of these experiments, but you could pick a few factors and study them.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes

OrganicGrow
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 04:39
... what was the point of that post? i think you missed the point.

clearly i could do any of those things, the point of this thread was to come up with SPECIFICS. based on ideas that came from actual experience not theoretical ideas.

for example... maybe you've used nutrient A for 5 years and wanna know how it compares to nutrient B in a controlled environment with isolated variables.

i have that potential so if you have some SPECIFIC ideas let me know and ill see if its worth throwing in with some of my experiments, but i don't need a list of half-baked fundamentally basic ideas that ANYONE could come up with
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:56
I didn't miss your post's point my friend. However, as you may well be aware, any serious research would require a serious review of literature, a valid hypothesis and reliable execution, data collection and analysis which would usually involve more sophisticated equipment than those found in grow shops and also a more serious researcher.

Therefore, it is my opinion that anyone who has gone through all that trouble to form such hypotheses, would not want to test them in a grow shop and would do it within the academia where there are more resources, and the results would be more reliable for publishing.

Also as tomato plant has been extensively researched within the academia and also the commercial sector, designing a novel experiment may not be as simple as you would think. So unless you are prepared to study many years' worth of experiments and publications before starting your work, I'm afraid you will need to stick with the basics. Therefore, it doesn't really matter what factors you choose to study, all those factors will have an effect on how your plants grow so there's a lot to learn there. I listed them in the hope that you will see something in there that catches your fancy, and choose to work on it and learn from your experience.

For example, in the case of plant nutrition, an active area of research would be in nutrient solution design using simplex designs building on the work of Steiner and his idea of a universal nutrient solution. But research like this would require a good command of mathematics as well as chemistry, biochemistry and horticulture. I am not aware of your level of expertise in any of these fields but I hardly think it is what you're aiming for.

Still if you want to work with nutrients, I would recommend that you start with learning the basics, if you haven't already. It would involve learning to design simple nutrient solutions by mixing horticultural reagents that best suit your crop type/growth conditions in terms of efficacy, efficiency and stability. The material would be available in a grow shop and the experiments could prove very rewarding.

PS. I could give you some specific ideas, but I will need to know what part of the whole process it is that you're most interested in.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:13
if you can not test products whilst growing cannabis there does not seem much point
ANDWHAT
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 19:15
yah everyone's apparently completely missed the boat on this one.

organic bud, you're getting way to deep on this shit. im not a botanist and have no interest in studying botany.

the idea was comparison and review of popular botanical products, not academic and scientific study of plants

this was supose to be a "comsumer reports" sort of thread, where you gave me some specific brands and products you had been curious about and i could set them up in a standardized testing with only that variable.

the species of plant starts to be irrelevant assuming i use the same species in the trials.

shit this is pointless, a stoner who wants to prove he's 'mart and better than everyone else has ruined another good idea

thread closed, im done, scrap the idea. apparently everyones got their heads up their asses... god im so disenfranchised with society, and the internet just seems to make it worse on a daily basis

and that bit about it being pointless if its not cannabis is characteristic of another damn stoner who thinks marijuana is some special magical herb that can save the world. ITS JUST ANOTHER PLANT. and its more like every other plant than you'll ever realize
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:27

wow

ANDWHAT
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 02:39
disenfranchisement happens. don't be so wow'ed.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 10:06

PMSL

ANDWHAT
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 15:32
Premenstrual tension sucks.
You are a premenstrual lady aren't you Petrol? JOKE.
Chill we are meant to be here to help each other are we not?
You have a good weekend
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>