Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wilting-stunted-growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Staines View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Staines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wilting-stunted-growth
    Posted: 13 May 2012 at 19:26
Using DWC and my plants were looking amazing, then roots started browning and growth was stunted on 1 but others did just fine, gave a number of water changes with no affect , then the other day heat temp raised so ph raised to about 7 slightly plus. The water temp had also risen to around 27' so lowered that with ph'd water.

Even though I had brought this down to 5.8-6.0 within 1 full day of noticing my baby "The best one" still on veg with a potential 4-5 has completely wilted and not sure what to do

I'm using general hydroponics flora,bloom, and another by gh and have given 1 Nitro to see if there would be a change but with no affect %3crmm super annoying.
I have just added 'Ozzy tonic' which is meant to act as a revive to my Best one **** or bust,

All equipment is up to good standard using a 10" intake and same with the out and manage a negative pressure but would it be more vital for the 'in' to be more direct than the out or vice-versa?    

Thanks for any info guys/gals %3crea%3cy

Staines View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Staines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 19:39
Also using air-stones pumps for all water.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:03
With deep water culture, it's vital to make sure the water in which roots are submerged is well aerated.

From the first post, I thought this might be the cause of the browning roots, but the followup mentions air-stones. Are the stones only aerating the reservoir water, or is there air flowing into each pot? Come to think of it, is this DWC in separate pots, or are all plants in one container?

The pH fluctuation should not cause such a serious reaction. Maintaining pH is important, but slipping to pH 7 for a few days should have no effect.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 13:41
Originally posted by Staines

The water temp had also risen to around 27' so lowered that with ph'd water.

That's pretty warm... the browning roots might be algae related at that sort of temperature. What is your usual water temperature?

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Staines View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Staines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 14:26
Each are separated with air-stones and with plenty of oxygen.

Still don't know what causing the browning though! 

Thanks for your feedback mate, appreciated. 
Staines View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Staines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 14:36
Around 20' mate
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 15:03
Is any light reaching the root systems?

Roots don't like light - they'll often die off or become woody like the stem if they receive too much light. Even ambient light through the walls of a translucent container could be too much for them.

I don't think that checking roots too frequently should cause light to start killing them, but it's not impossible.

If algae is affecting the roots, this would mean that enough light is reaching the root systems for small green life to flourish, which means that roots will not be as healthy as they could.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Staines View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Staines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 15:21
No light is reaching the root system I'm very sure apart from checking and maintaining them.

Will triple check again!

Thanks bud %3chumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply