Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 23:59
I'd take top cuts too. The greener, fleshier the cut the better and faster they'll root. The more stick like the stem the harder it is for them to root. I would have taken cuts of these girls weeks ago.

Gosh, if you take those tops and root 'em you'll have pretty good sized plants almost right away. You could go ahead and let them run throughout the season just like these, add some nice extra weight to your harvest.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 00:12
organic, your on a win win with those beautys, fairplay
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 04:22
Lovely plants, wish i had a greenhouse! Dont be afraid to give them a good hair cut, i wouldn't take more than aprox 30% at any given time, like munzy says id take around a foot from the top and 6inch from nearly all the other grow tips, you will have nice round bushes come flowering time. Thats assuming your in the northern hemisphere and your plants are deffo in veg! Good luck with the rest of the season!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 09:30
Thanks everyone for all the compliments and all the great input. %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

I guess my babies just got a pruning added to their schedule. I will definitely try to root the tops, it would be such a waste to throw them away.

I am in the northern hemisphere; and while my plants are full of preflowers and clearly mature, they don't look like they're flowering ahead of time.

So here's my plan: I prune and clone them this weekend; and next week I will re-pot them into 20L pots and let them explode. Any comments?

OrganicGrow
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 19:28
Sounds like a plan.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 04:09
Your plants look lovely OrganicGrow. All the best with cloning. :D
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 09:21
Thanks sarah louise :)

I went to check on the plants today, to make sure they're still in veg. The ICEs are clearly still in veg so they will be pruned in the next 48 hours, The WWs look worryingly like flowering plants, so I won't be pruning them until I'm sure that it's not the case. Will post some photos later today; comments will be greatly appreciated.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 09:45

These are from my WWs

And this last one is from the top of an ICE plant, it doesn't look like's she's flowering does it?

munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:12
yes they are flowering
ANDWHAT
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:05
Thanks munzy

Now the question is: Do I push them back to veg or do I let them do their thing?

Summer solstice is a month away and until then days will gain about half an hour in length before they start to shorten.

Also has anyone had experience with clones from flowering plants? I read somewhere that they take much longer to root and start growing but show amazing branching.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>