Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

rvk knowledge please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rvk knowledge please
    Posted: 23 May 2012 at 12:35
hi everyone im looking into getting an rvk fan and filter,
i read somwhere bigger is less noisey, i may be wrong.
i will be making an acoustic box with foam as mellow has posted on the forum. but i need some advice on makes models sizes, etc,
i realy think i need to step up smell/air removal asap,
being as silent but efficent as possible is my main requirement,
so all peoples previous experiences very apreciated,,,
super skunk you have choked my freakin air system you buggers lol
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 12:39
its official my old fan is at deaths door, and its headed for the big fan place in the sky i got 4 years out of it i suppose
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 13:25
Hey CK,

Power depends on what fan you have now, i have a "meant to be silent" 5" fan that shifts twice the air of one of my RVK's.

So i've had a vents tt and a few rvks.

One thing i've found with the rvk's is that some(same models) are more powerful than others?

5" TT in 1.2x1.2x2.0 room, my humidity was at it's low point 70 up to unreadable, but looking back i didn't have any rot so the hydrometer may have been faulty?

I was using 1 5"rvk in a 1.2x1.2x2.0 room and my humidity was going to 60%(max), I bought another 5" rvk and that one keeps my humidity at 35%( on it's own)? you can feel it's more powerful.

They are A models, RVK also do a L model, I bought a 5" L model and it's supper loud, really noisy then quite, then noisy, been gathering dust after 1hr.......

I also bought a vents silent acoustic fan 5" moves more air than a 6" rvk, but that sounds like jet fighter
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:13
thanks mellow i will be going for a 5 inch lti or ruck? with a rhino filter and acoustic ducting, then its just a case of setting up and playing around with it i suppose. i may as well go with a 5" rvk as the 4" may not be enough id rather have a bit much than not enough.
i suppose i could get a speed controller that way if i needed too.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 13:28
I'd go for the 5" too. As to what model, if nosie is any kind of issue go for the RVK a or ruck low 5". I don't know how loud a ruck is, but it seems to shift more air than the RVK, 295, rather than 235.

I whacked my fans in a box on top of the tent and I can not hear them in the next room, the nosiest thing is my 9"fan.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 13:52
i use ruck xfans there pretty low noise, i ve never used any other fan so cant say if there better, i'll be getting an adjustable ruck in the next few months so will be able to have it on low over the night to save money
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 14:59
I have been using a RVK150A1 for ages now. Its fairly noisy, generates a huge amount of air pressure and was at the time of purchase fairly cheap. I also have a "silenced" fan that was twice the price, is twice the size and makes slightly less noise. I have to say i sleep next to my RVK going but i dont think a normal person could. It doesnt take v long to teach yourself not to hear it tho. I think for real silence the best way is to have the fan at the end of the ducting and use the foam box method. If you can still hear it chuck a duvet or similar over it until you cant. I have also heard that smaller fans are supposed to make more noise, doesnt make sense to me but whatever. I have to be honest when i look at my setup all of my thoughts are about downsizing these days and i have been wondering how a 100m rvk would work.

Edit: what on earth you using a 9" fan for mellow? thats for extracting a warehouse size grow isn it ? Must sound like a damn helicoptor
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 16:06
thanks for the input guys,
hope you are all basking in the sun
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 22:37
Hi I'm probably stating the obvious but if you have the space to mount it and can afford it, I think going for a bigger/stronger fan and running it at a lower speed using a controller would make more sense; noise-wise and energy-wise.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 23:48
rvks are very loud IME, i now run a futuretech acoustic on its lowest setting and it still wants to suck my tent inside out, super silent a bit pricey but worth every pound
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>