Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

rvk knowledge please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 00:40
hey munzy,

What was your old rvk? 6"? I don't mind paying the extra if it's quite and has more power. I got a vents tt acoustic 5" , but it's like a jet fighter.
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 17:43
i had a vents tt like chris but they start to get noisy .i now use a prima klima 2 speed 125 mm 5 inch with a4inch adapter it moves (220cubic meter per hour)+ (360cm phr) and it is pretty quiet hardly makes any noise and is £74.99
they also make a 160mm(6.4inch) that does420/680 c.m.p.h for £84.00..and it has a reducer spigot as well.
on hindsight i should have got the bigger fan but was  buying to suit duct size..or you can buy a temp control "klimavator"(400 c.m.p.h) the klimas are quiet and no vibration.dont know how they compare with rvk.i,m happy just need a more powerfull fan so i,ll get the 680c.m.p.h.
they are pretty much the same price per power output as the rvk....the klima 4/5 inch is 65watts .from what munzy says the rvk sound louder than the klima,and the bigger fan is only £10.00 extra..
T is for truth,for truth is strange,stranger than fiction..lord byron
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 23:50
i had a 6 and 8 both were way to noisey, the FT is the buisness
ANDWHAT
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 00:03
  The klimas are quiet although unlike some manufacturers they dont give a decibel reading. vents tt did and it was dead low for about 4weeks and then was noisy as fuck.how much are ft,s ? what,s the cubic volume shift?where you get them?
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 00:08
I think it would be a mistake to get too hung up on square meters of air per hour or whatever else tey come out with. I doubt it makes much difference if it takes 1 hour or 1.5 hours to entirely ventalate your tent. Add an occilating fan into teh equasion and who knows? I dunno what the TTs are like but i have a TD silenced and its an expensive pos. I have gone back to my RVK pending some serious modding of the supposedly silent one. I read all the dB output charts and the air per hour charts and all the rest of teh shite they feed you to get you to buy. Its true it is slightly quieter than the RVK but it does have a certain power generating turbine quality to it. Its a big hefty thing aswell. The futuretechs do look good, but at that price why not get a box fan. I mean really just get a decent fan and then muffle the hell out of it. It migth be 3 Db louder but it will be £150 cheaper than teh other one
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 00:19
i am gonna buy the bigger klima.i agree the cubics per hour ,if i went by that i should be able to clear a room 3 times as big but it dont happen.but they are really quiet though,the vents are a pile of shite.cheap plastic,wheras the rvk are german,and they are good engineers
if i had a decibel reader i would know but i aint gonna buy one the ears are good enough.i dont know where the prima klima are made,but having one they are quality,and have reducers so you can use smaller ducting and 2 speed.using the 2nd setting on a smaller duct may be affecting the output flow.how much are the FT fans?
with the prima i used it for 4 months growing and its still as quiet as the day i bought it,and it is quality parts,in hind sight i could have bought the more powerfull fan for an extra tenner.i,m kicking myself for that..
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 00:24
horses for courses i dont read any bull companys put out i got a couple of pals in different grow shops where they ran a few different fans for me and the ft done the trick  i run it on first setting and it sucks the sides of my tent in and makes no more nosie than a large occillating fan. assinomen growell sell the FT
ANDWHAT
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 00:27
Originally posted by munzy

horses for courses i dont read any bull companys put out i got a couple of pals in different grow shops where they ran a few different fans for me and the ft done the trick  i run it on first setting and it sucks the sides of my tent in and makes no more nosie than a large occillating fan. assinomen growell sell the FT

cheers mate,i might have one after this crop.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 01:35
nice one for the information.

I was gonna buy a box fan, i met some guy at a trade show who makes them, he was gonna do me one for 250, he reckoned they were silent, he also said the intake hole didn't mater, but the exit hole needs to be big to stop back draft.

Like a donut i lost his business card.......thats why i bought the vents silent(lol) fan.
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 03:18
thats what i was trying to say about the physics angle,i had a mate who  vented out the chimney but the air flow on the roof was blowing back down the chimney,fucking up his extract.but there is a lot about having the right size duct(to equalise the input and output air pressure)   and as i said ,i read that with an inline fan you need at least a metre of duct on the intake side before the fan to get the correct air pressure.i seen a few set ups where people have the ex fan nearest the growroom(with no duct before that),it should be as far as possible,next to your final outlet.
fans pull better than pushing air .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>