Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

new setup help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 04:56
you can fit 25 6.5 liter pots into a 1mx1m tray. Nice for a 1.2x1.2 space with 600w and a good quality reflector
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:28
i only have 4 plants per 600wtt in a 1.2 x 1.2 space
ANDWHAT
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:58
Thanks mate. My new ballast is an exolux so i have three settings.300, 400 and 600. At the moment i have a 600 watt grolux lamp and the setting is on 400, which seems adequate.

I have three 60 day wonder about ready to chop. Once they are gone i have 6 seeds germinating. Three Pakistan ryder and three jock horror. My plan was to put all six under the 600 setting. I could make the space bigger, ie 120 long by 80 wide would that do it.

thanks for the input
cheers
a
ganphati
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:05
hey sky, one 600w will light a 120cm x 120cm space with 37,5watts per square foot better still would be to have 600w in a 100cm x 100cm space with 54.1 watts per square foot both these spaces will give you lot of nice bud, as your currant space is 120cm x 60cm theres going to be lots of wasted light thats hitting the walls even with reflective sheeting hot spots will become a problem.
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:47
brilliant, I will increase the size to 100x100 and report back in a couple of months with yield. Two more question, how soon can i put the seedlings under the light and how far away? When i had the 250hps i put them in when they were about 3-4 inches tall but i can't remember how far away. Plus whats the deal with the fan? i don't have a tent just a corner of the room surrounded with mylamar, so no problems with heat. I am not sure about having a fan on 24 7, will a couple of hours at a time be Ok?
cheers
a
ganphati
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:06
Due to the shape of HID bulbs, and the shape of most reflectors, the side-to-side coverage of these lamps is greater than top-to-bottom, making a rectangular 'footprint'.

The most common effective footprint of a 600w HPS (hung about 1.5-2m from the floor) is 2m x 1m, with the centre of that rectangle in the middle of the lamp's element.

A 400w HPS was usually taken as 120cm x 80cm, or 1m x 1.5m
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:19
got it, Does that apply to a HPs lamp?   SO if i put the seedlings inder the 600 hps then allow about 6 foot that should be fine. Do i cut the distance as they grow/
cheers
a

Ps i know that growing is trial and error, what works for one doesn't work for another. I am trying to avoid silly mistakes, once i have got the advice from here i will of course adjust it and experiment. thanks to everyone.
ganphati
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 13:29
Hey,

If you got a digital ballast, that's good. But i would not have a 600w bulb in and turn it down to 400w, it says on my ballast that you will lose a lot of efficiency that way. Much better to buy a 400w bulb :)

About distance, who knows, people do the hand test to see if it's too hot for them, Just start em at 80-100cm's (unless someone knows for sure) and gradually get closer :). I think the idea is to get the lkight as close as possible, whilst still keeping in the right temps.

There was a great diagram i came across, but i don't know where i saw it, it's aboutlight difference and sweet spots?
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 14:21
thanks, i won't get another bulb cos i am trying to keep the expenses down. I think i will put the setting back to 600 and lower the light gradually, OR i could put in the 250 bulb which i still have for a few weeks and run it on the 300 setting.
cheers
a
ganphati
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 11:24
Hi Everone, I am about to crop the 60 day wonders and put in the new batch. This is the first time i hve tried to upload a photo. if it works more to follow.
cheers
a

I just tried to put in a photo,but too big, how do i resize it?
ganphati
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>