Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dutch Passion Auto Mazar grow diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 18:05
That AC is gonna cost you a 5 to 6 figure electricity bill.

Growing in temperatures above 28C is going to get you airy, low density buds.
Ive learnt that the hard way. You can still veg your plants in the heat, but you need low temperatures for 12/12

The only way around it is to grow indoors in the winter.
I usually plant indoors in october/nov. 2 months of veg and 2 flowering will get you your crop by feb/march. 
Lahori-Munda View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Lahori-Munda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 18:09
@blackmore
Bill aint the problem bro. I realize about buds being airy etc in high temp. That is the reason went for an ac for my second grow. 
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 18:44
i would disagree with the airy bud comment as i have had temps at 38c for the duration of current grow in fact i am at wk 6 and temps have just dropped to 32c my plants are fine the buds are thick and heavy as usual, i think if you have good air flow and plants have access to water they can take a lot higher temps, how do plants grow in turkey/afghanistan where daytime temps can easily reach mid 40c???? just my opinion
ANDWHAT
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 18:49
I must say my temps get quite high in the summer, but buds haven't suffered.
Lahori-Munda View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Lahori-Munda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 19:16
I guess if airflow is good and plants are watered regularly, it should handle high temps. Specially strains with heavy sativa influence.
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 19:23
High temperatures during flowering will result in low density buds. 32 to 38C!! Your buds are suffering for sure.

The regions in afghanistan etc where you have bud growing usually have pleasant or cold temperatures during flowering time. Afghanistan isnt all desert with 40 degree temps. 
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 20:17
i must say that i am experiencing what munzy says. buds seem to be hard as usual.
like this:

of course having these high temps is far from ideal, but you can still get a nice amount of bud.
most fruits and vegetables suffer temps over 30 °C, in fact we had a very hot summer down here and my tomatoes and eggplants suffered a lot and the yeld was lower than usual (but with super sweets fruits).
i decided not to have AC because as blackmore says than growing would be too expensive! instead i have 3 fans: one just behind the hps bulb, one in front of the tent at the canopy level and another in front at the pots level + the air in vent fan... this way plants can breathe even if the room is so hot.
but yes, growing in the summer can really problematic!
cheers every one
salivall View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote salivall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 20:24
i'd have to agree with alsc and munzy above because i've had pretty high temps as well and my* buds haven't suffered either, even though high temps may not be favorable but it mostly depends on the strain characteristics as well.
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 20:25
also, i think we should always be careful when comparing indoor growing with nature.
in some of the best known cannabis growing parts of the planet such as mexico, jamaica or malawi, temps are really high. but the enviroment helps in many ways plants to grow. there's wind for instance instead of fans :-)
indoor growing is a science or a technique to get the best out of plants in a artificial enviroment, which could never be like the natural one.
and the indoor experience tells us that temps over 28-30 °C are not ideal for plants.
let's say that indoor growing in summertime (meditteranean summertime!) is a compromise! :-)

have a nice evening
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 22:24
this plant has had 38c for weeks this pic is at 36 days 12/12 and still packing on weight my buds are big fat and heavy not heat stress what so ever
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>