Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Harvest and Beyond
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

where to dry the buds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bang1 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote bang1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where to dry the buds?
    Posted: 02 February 2006 at 23:59

just wondering where in the house is the best place to dry my buds?

cheers

stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 17:27

Firstly and obviously somewhere away from eager nose's as fully mature cannabis smells a lot.

Personally I have a seperate room in the attic - where I grow also. This room is about a metre cubed with two small oil filled radiators ( cheap to run ), an oscilating fan and plenty of string to hang them upside down from the roof.

Temperature is around the 65 - 70f and they take about ten days to dry ( when you can snap the stems ).

This time of year it's well cool so you will need to watch the temp's and the humidity in the drying space ( because of mold etc ). Also it must be dark and not to hot as this will degrade the resin if this is not taken care of. Hope this helps.

I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 18:13
find an outdoor place with a roof a place where it won't rain if it does put the buds in a paper bag (biggest u can get in a shop) and try to be able to collect the dust that would fall off the plants use bottoms of bags for that it is very goood hash :) it would take from 3-5 days to get them on their way so u can smoke them a bit but it would take even longer to realy get done! also they need to be in a dark (inside the baggs) and it would need wind and air holes to go tru so it can dry and not turn badd like a bad frouit :) good luck
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 11:21

You want a dim room - with no bright light or direct daylight reaching the drying plants.

The drying area should have good air-flow. If it's a small area, you'll probably need a fan to extract the moist air, so using your grow-room with the lights turned off is a good solution - most grow-spaces have equipment for dealing with or removing humidity, smell etc

Don't ever add extra light or heat to the drying process. If your drying area is particularly cold, you might want to add heating to get the room temperature over about 10*C, but you should not try to speed up the drying process.

It's usually dry enough to smoke in 10 days to 2 weeks.

Edited by Ganja
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply