Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My first Sensi Seeds!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Longbongsilver View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Longbongsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Sensi Seeds!
    Posted: 24 July 2012 at 09:08
Hello All,
I'm happy to make my first post here at Sensi. I'm waiting for NL5 x Haze fems and Super Skunk fems to arrive. After learning to grow in compost with dodgy or cheap seeds it's time to move up to the real deal. I am on the horns of a dilemma I have had poor yields and am considering moving to dwc. Should I keep going on more organic lines and stick with compost and rely on better genetics to improve output or do I go for buckets and hydro with all that that entails!
Any opinions thoughts or ideas welcome

All the best
LBS

2 x 600w HPS in 2 x 2 x 1.2 tent with big Ruck fans and separate CFL veg space

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:26
for me its organic all the way, the yield is smaller but tastes better imho, i do not care what anybody says a plant grown with chemical fertilizers is not a healthy plant due to the chemical ferts stripping/killing off most of the plants natural bacteria & fungus that colonize it root system and provide it with food it is this exchange that gives organic soil grown cannabis its sweet full flavor, ive never grown in coco or hydro but i know a few professional growers who have used both for many years(15+) and ive seen countless grows by them and while they will make your jaw hit the floor by the shear amount of bud that they can get off a plant in a short time theres always something missing from the taste once youve tasted soil grown organic cannabis, the evidence is out there to prove all that im saying, try and fine evidence or reasons to grow hydro its all yield & speed, this is an analogy i like to use, what would happen if you raised a child on a natural healthy diet & one on processed fats yes the on on fats would get bigger faster but would it be healthy????    

it comes down to this, do you want to grow the best cannabis you can or the most cannabis you can??   
Beuffer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Beuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 21:00
Do keep in mind these are opinions of personal preference. I feel there's a time and a place for both. Although it really boils down to what you like or feel like doing. I run coco with advanced nutes synthetic line but at the same time I still rock a couple organically. While an organic buzz is very clean I love it for the daytime, it doesn't compare to me at least a nicely done hydro run for the end of the day. I guess they both have their qualities I favor and I enjoy variety as well. While advanced I won't veer away from, that's not to say I don't try other growers flowers and say boy mine doesn't have that or the structure is different from mine ect. I'm sure you will fall into a niche from your personal presence. But as far as quality control or the connisuer thing is conserned organic will probobally weigh the pengillum heavier than the synthetics will.
Longbongsilver View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Longbongsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 22:29
Thanks SH, I appreciate the way you cut to the chase and your points are inarguable. A source I spoke to compared hydro to organic like the difference between porridge for breakfast or an energy drink. I have the space to grow dwc and compost alongside and that for me will be the best way forward. More a quest for knowledge really, I'm curious as to HOW the two taste different. I'll do my best to share my findings here as the ladies start to grow.

Cheers

munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:23
badly grown weed will always taste like shit, organic or hydro IME
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 11:21
I think well-grown hydro and well-grown organic are virtually indistinguishable. 

The idea that hydro plants are grown with 'chemicals', while organic nutrients are somehow healthier or safer has no real basis. Nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous are elements, and a plant doesn't care if it gets them from manure or a plastic bottle of soluble nutrient. Similarly, the metabolism and biosynthesis processes of the plant are the same, regardless of where the N, P and K originally come from. If they weren't the same, hydro nutrients wouldn't work.

Plants grow very well with hydro nutrient, when applied properly. Ipso facto it's no less healthy or 'natural' than organic nutes. It's not possible to fool plants into growing with 'wrong' nutrients.

The flipside of this is when hydro nutrient is over applied, it damages plants (though this is because hydro nutes are much easier for plants to absorb than organic, not because they're toxic).

I know several people who insist they can tell the difference between hydro and 'organic' weed, whereas I think it's unlikely.

Not to judge anyone else's perceptions, but I've read of several tests where lovers of organic food were asked to identify 'natural' fruit and veg vs that nasty mass-produced agribusiness frankenfood. It turns out few or no people can actually tell the difference between the two, and their results were about as accurate as random guessing.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Beuffer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Beuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 16:18
Well put ganja! Bout to copy that down to show to all who give people a hard time bout using synthetics.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 20:43
well put G,im sure belief plays a role, and i agree N P K are elements and the plants do not know the difference between organic or synthetic, but to think outside the bottle lol for a moment its not the synthetic N P K thats the problem its that they are stabilized in a solution with heavy metals and other chemicals that are taken up by the plants as they absorb the N P K given to them by beacteria/fungi in exchange for sugars etc, these can not be flushed from the plants and are consumed by us when we smoke/ingest the product. my comment on it being healthy is not baseless its based on the scientific fact that many of the bacteria & fungi that get killed off by synthetic fertilizers are beneficial in preventing sickness and maintaining a "healthy" root system, but each to there own, as some one said earlier it all cames down to what you prefer & are happy with i dont think it really maters as long as you enjoy it

@munzy, never a truer word spoken/typed fella

@LBS, good luck with your grow
ok ill get of the soap box now
 Post Reply Post Reply