Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Medicinal Cannabis
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cannabis Juicing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannabis Juicing
    Posted: 27 August 2012 at 18:49
Hello folks,

I've been doing some reading on the Endocannabinoid system and the properties of raw cannabinoid compounds (in their acidic form) and I have to say I am really intrigued by their promise.

I have three volunteers here to test the effects of ingesting the juice of young cannabis plants which are claimed to be 'dietary essentials' for humans.

To that end, I germinated 16 seeds from a stash of bagseeds I keep for a rainy day. Most of them are from our local Sativas, their high is quite strong albeit not very pleasant, they tend to cause quite a bit of paranoia.

Do you guys think these seeds will be appropriate for juicing? I am not looking to get the best possible results but a taste of what the regimen has to offer. Obviously if the project shows promise I will switch to well-bred CBD-rich strains.

Thoughts and comments are very welcome

Cheers,

OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 03:53
Well, that is a new one to me... never heard of people juicing cannabis before...
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 08:40
Hi SL

Yeah it's new to me as well. The practice does sound promising though. They say the body is able to process 600 milligrams of CBD-acid and THC-acid (the raw unheated form) as opposed to 10 milligrams of heated THC and CBD. At those high doses the stuff can regulate body functions and prevent/alleviate diseases.

If you do a quick search on youtube you will find several videos detailing it.

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 11:50
100% germination, things are off to a good start:

geoff777 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote geoff777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 09:45
I've been using a radical defoliation technique/experiment on some plants 12/12 from seed.

I get quite a few leaves and I've been juicing them everyday with tomatoes, red peppers, cucumber, olive oil and garlic.
I suffer from cervical arthritis (56yo) and it has improved amazingly in the time I've been juicing fresh cannabis leaves. I noticed an improvement within days.
I sleep much better.
Life is better.

In fact I'm about 8 weeks into this and last night I had the best night's sleep I've had for years.
I bounced out of bed this morning, the first day in years I have had no soreness/pain all night, no soreness/pain now.

The defoliation causes branching without topping and slows down stretching.
Lots of bud sites but its difficult to guesstimate yield yet as this plant bulks up in the last two weeks.
I usually top for four colas and lollypop. So I have lots of stalk then a good cola.
This time no stalk and a better canopy. But each plant has had all it's leaves removed 4/5 times. It takes 4/5 days for the plant to put out new but more efficient leaves.
Time will tell.
I have no control plants except in my memory.
I've grown this plant out a few times before.

The amount of leaves gathered daily is quite surprising.
I have 17 12/12 dwarves in a SOG, I prune one a day in rotation.
If I see a stalk it comes off.

Bud yield may be down but the pain relief from the anti-inflammatory effects of juicing is priceless.
 Post Reply Post Reply