Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

plants sex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
esmifra_ganzas View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote esmifra_ganzas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plants sex
    Posted: 05 September 2012 at 20:39
hello.....i was wondering if someone can tell me when does the sex of a plant reveals himself, is in the vegetative stage or in flowering stage??....i allready have my plants in first week of flowering butt still no sex is showing..... thank u
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:21
Hi esm, cannabis plants normally show there sex in the 5-8th week of veg growth but not always some can take longer and also some can show as males and really female when they start to flower properly it happened to me this outdoor season, im pretty sure that your plants will reveal them selves in the next week or so. just incase you dont know what to look for the females will produce a slightly pointed growth on the top few nodes that will have two white pistil(hairs) protruding from them and the males will show a rounded some times raised growth that will look similar to the female growth at first but will be easily recognised from its lack of pistils(hairs).

hope this helps
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:18
Signs of sex can often be detected - in the form of pre-flowers - when a plant from seed has been growing for 2-3 months. However, pre-flowers are not a 100% accurate guide to the eventual gender of the plant.

A plant's true gender can be seen when flowering is properly under way. Indoors, the first tiny male and female flowers are usually visible within 10-15 days of the plants entering the 12/12 flowering cycle. First time growers may take a little  longer to see them.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote esmifra_ganzas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 14:48
ok, i´m really glad u helped me, thank u both, i started my 12/12 flowering cycle just 3 days ago, i will wait one or 2 weeks and see hif something starts to reveal. thank u very much for the tips, i was starting to think that i was doing something wrong.... by the way, can u tell me the name of a good 100% indica seed??.....i really whant a near as possible only indica female plant to grow indoor... could u tell me wich are the best of that type??....thank u both one more time!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 15:08
Hindu Kush (which is excellent for the price), Northern Lights, Hash Plant, Maple Leaf Indica, First Lady.

All of the above are regular strains, not feminised.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote esmifra_ganzas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 17:14
butt isn´t the feminized plants the better ones??
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 17:16
No. They're often seen as easier to grow, especially for beginners.

But regular seeds aren't harder to grow, growers just have to remove the male plants from the garden.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote esmifra_ganzas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 21:03
ok....thanks very much for ur help....
 Post Reply Post Reply