Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

White Skunk Grow - to harvest or not to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Skunk Grow - to harvest or not to?
    Posted: 25 September 2012 at 17:24
Hello everyone!
I'm growing two plants of WL White Skunk for my first grow. I thought I'd show you some pics so you guys can give your opinion.

The setup is 250W dual spectrum mh/hps light with a cool tube, in a 0.75 square meter closet. right now the girls are about 10" away from the lamp. I use a humidifier and an AC - to keep humidity and temp in check (deserty-climate! hopfuly it will cool down here soon). There's a fan blowing on them and air exchange is good. SOIL.

Right now they are 30/35 days from seedlig; both of them are about 29-30cm of height, one is really bushy, the other one -a bit less. I'm starting 12/12 cycle today!

About nutrients : I made a bit of a mess with the grow nuts: at first I went by the biobizz table, but aaperently that was an overkill, and the plants showed stress. after that, I flushed them and I'm trying to go easy on the N-P-K. I've decided (with your help on the welcome forum) to give them plain water every couple of feedings.

so here are some pics! fist, a look at two of them:

Now, the bushy one - she's at day 35

the other one- right now at day 30
see the rusted spots and the yellowing?

What do you make of it? sadly some of the lower leaves died.... :( I guess the girl are paying the price of my lack of experience.. what do you recommend for me to do?
*J*D*
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 18:35
Hi
Some yellowing on the lower leaves is to be expected because light penetration will decrease as the plants' foliage grows denser. The brown spots look like mild nute-burn which you say you have since taken care of. So all in all I would say you're ok for the time being. Just keep a healthy feeding/watering schedule and I believe you'll do well.

EDIT: Have you ever noticed dew on your leaves? Especially at the beginning of lights on?
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 20:22
totally agree with organicgrow.
those rust spots could also be from some drops of water/nutes on leaves (from when you water). when lights are on it can burn the leaf, but nothing to worry about.
as OG said, just keep on the nice work you're doing.

i have good news: the bushy one will be a very strong smoke!
my white skunk bushy plant was a killer... really... people couldn't dare to smoke it, a blast.
also, it was a very fast one. i think i harvested her at day 45 of flowering or so

when first real flowers appear, start with flowering nutrients.
i assume you'll keep on with biobizz, right?
then you have biobloom and top max.
top max is expensive but totally worth the buy!
when you use it, follow biobizz's advice: give biogrow+biobloom and, some minutes after that, top max. for example, if you give to one plant 2,5 liters of water: first you water with 1,5 liter of water + the right dosage of biogrow and biobloom. wait 10 minutes or so and then water with 1 liter and top max. follow biobizz's table for the right amount of nutes.
in flowering i was sometimes following a schedule of:
biogrow+biobloom+topmax / top max only / water

the last 2-3 weeks i wasn't giving biogrow anymore...

i 'm looking forward for the results!
best, al.
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 13:49
Originally posted by organicgrow

HiSome yellowing on the lower leaves is to be expected because light penetration will decrease as the plants' foliage grows denser. The brown spots look like mild nute-burn which you say you have since taken care of. So all in all I would say you're ok for the time being. Just keep a healthy feeding/watering schedule and I believe you'll do well.

Hi organicgrow, thanks for the reply! the foliage is very dense - much more than I expected to see - so I guess this makes sense.

Right now my closet is just painted white on the inside. Do you think I can reduce leaf death if i'll cover it with mylar for the next grow?

Originally posted by organicgrow

EDIT: Have you ever noticed dew on your leaves? Especially at the beginning of lights on?

About the dew. I live in a very dry climate, so I use a humidifier. the problem with that thing is that it's not spreading humidity evenly in space. I've seen some dew on a leaf or two, but really, not too often. I try to keep from the mist to hit the plants directly. Can it be something else except dew burn?
*J*D*
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 14:00
Originally posted by alsc

my white skunk bushy plant was a killer... really... people couldn't dare to smoke it, a blast.also, it was a very fast one.

That is good news! probably the best I heard in days

Originally posted by alsc

i assume you'll keep on with biobizz, right?then you have biobloom and top max.top max is expensive but totally worth the buy!when you use it, follow biobizz's advice: give biogrow+biobloom and, some minutes after that, top max. for example, if you give to one plant 2,5 liters of water: first you water with 1,5 liter of water + the right dosage of biogrow and biobloom. wait 10 minutes or so and then water with 1 liter and top max. follow biobizz's table for the right amount of nutes.in flowering i was sometimes following a schedule of:biogrow+biobloom+topmax / top max only / waterthe last 2-3 weeks i wasn't giving biogrow anymore...i 'm looking forward for the results!best, al.

Thanks for the instructions man. where did you read this information? did you start bloom/max with 1ml/L each, or less?

I think i'll keep on posting pics in this thread until harvest.
Growing weed is awesome.
*J*D*
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 16:10
it's been 10 days into flowering for me i've yet to do anything but straight water - she just doesn't want it!

people have wrong idea on nutes - even biobizz nutes. like charmin ultra, less is more

cha cha cha. charmin
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:38
Originally posted by PetrolSS

like charmin ultra, less is more
cha cha cha. charmin

I see what you mean, Although we don't have this brand of toilet paper where I live :)

It's difficult to go by your instincts when it's your first time.
*J*D*
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:51
Originally posted by royalight

Hi organicgrow, thanks for the reply! the foliage is very dense - much more than I expected to see - so I guess this makes sense.

Right now my closet is just painted white on the inside. Do you think I can reduce leaf death if i'll cover it with mylar for the next grow?

Leaf death on lower leaves, if it does not spread upwards, will have little if any effect on your yield, I will tell you why:

Mylar is 10-20% more reflective than white paint, depending on the quality of the paint, so there will be an improvement in general light efficiency in your room and although it might be enough to prevent yellowing on the bottom leaves during the vegetative phase, it will definitely not be enough to support optimal bud production so far down, so not much sense in trying to keep those lower leaves alive anyway. Just make sure that the yellowing is not spreading.

Originally posted by royalight

About the dew. I live in a very dry climate, so I use a humidifier. the problem with that thing is that it's not spreading humidity evenly in space. I've seen some dew on a leaf or two, but really, not too often. I try to keep from the mist to hit the plants directly. Can it be something else except dew burn?

As alsc said, some of the brown spots do look like light burn because of dew or drops of water. Some others look like nute-burn. My best guess is that it is a combination of the two and as alsc said neither should worry you unless it progresses.

During lights off temperature will drop somewhat, decreasing air's capacity for moisture, so if the humidity is high, some dew will form. So it might not completely be about the direction of the mist but about how much of it is released during lights on as well.

BTW do elaborate on your training technique please, it looks interesting.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 04:16
hey royalight,

go to the biobizz's website, they have some nice infos. http://www.biobizz.com/
also, they are very nice: every time i wrote them they were so kind to answer me quickly and thoroughly.
you don't have a biobizz nutes chart?
petrol do you have one to post here? (i remember you did somewhere...%3cig%3c).

just go easy with nutes, follow the dosage on the chart and a water/feed schedule that fits you.
1ml/l or even half of it is a good starting point.

about the humidifier: do you have a hygrometer to measure your relative humidity?
if so, how are you RH values?
remember flowering plants like a drier enviroment... 40/45% rh
(i also live in a dry climate... the opposite is worse with the mold threat!).

and yes, growing weed is awesome!
best,
al.
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 00:58
@organicgrow: thanks for the explanation! I'll keep a close eye for the next few day. About the training, well, it's not really based on knowledge, more Intuition- hopefuly it can give some support for the upcoming heavy buds!

@al - I do have the chart - a printed one I got from the shop. But I figured its better not to follow the chat blindly, and ask you guys.

I do have a hygrometer - I try to keep it art aroud 50% - It's usely hits the high end of 40 - and really, with this climate it's hard to get it above 60%, so I don't think mold will be a problem.

BTW - two days into 12/12 - and both plants grew about 5cm! CRAZY!
*J*D*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>