Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not Smoking Cannabis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Smoking Cannabis!
    Posted: 02 October 2012 at 11:35
Hi guys and Gals,
I have a quick question with regards to ways of consuming cannabis for an MS sufferer that do not involve smoking.
I am nearing completion of my White Russian grow and so far the results look great. They can be seen in the indoor growing diaries if interested.
A close family member was diagnosed with MS about 6 months ago. I have heard and read great things with regard cannabis and this illness. The problem is she will not smoke it.
Are there any easy ways to make ie readily consumable. I tried messing around with cannabis butter a few years ago, but would not know of the most effective method.
Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Me...
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 11:58
Hey if you look around the web you will find many recipes for edibles made with cannabis.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 12:00
Vaporising is one option. It still involves inhaling an oil-rich vapour, but it's much easier on the lungs than smoke.

Eating/drinking cannabis is another option. It might take a little practice to properly estimate the dose, and eating cannabinoids takes a little longer to take effect, but it's probably the most efficient method and the easiest way to ingest cannabis.

Making edible/drinkable cannabis is usually just matter of cooking it in oil or butter and adding the cannabinoid-rich oil to whatever is being cooked.

To make cannabis tea, one needs to crumble cannabis finely, and heat it gently  in full-cream milk (or a non-dairy alternative with a high fat content). Stir on a low heat for 10-20 minutes, strain the mixture through cloth to remove the cannabis and use the (probably greenish) milk to make tea. The strained cannabis can probably be frozen and used for another cup or two of tea, depending on the patient's sensitivity to cannabinoids.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 18:56
buy some 00 gauge gelatine caps and some cold pressed coconut oil, decarb your weed and place it in ban marie with small amount of coconut oil for around 4hrs all the goodness will dissolve into the oil, strain out the debris then suck up oil with an oral dispenser and fill your gelatine caps , place in fridge to harden then fit the caps and your done, i keep them in a ginseng bottle and no one knows shit very discreet and easily controlled 2 caps for doing shit and 6 caps to knock you out
ANDWHAT
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 12:49
Many thanks guys, Munzy, that looks like a good method of keeping things discreet! Sorry what do you mean by "decarb your weed"
Much Appreciated...
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 13:04
Sorry to hastle you munzy, but could you give me an idea of quantities to use as a tester to hand her, ie, weed/oil ratio.
Much appreciated, this is a tester, and I really hope it helps...
Much love!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:21
i got this recipe from another site, the theory is that by putting your weed in the oven at 120c it prepares the active ingredients to be easily dissolved into the oil??? start with 7grms of weed and couple of teaspoons of oil
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:32
RC Clarke says that the cannabinoids on fresh weed are not actually psychoactive - THC acid and CBD acid - and have to be decarboxylated in order to become regular THC and CBD and have an effect. 

This happens naturally during the drying process, and Clarke suggests using heat to decarboxylate fresh (wet) weed in order to make it psychoactive.

I don't think dry weed needs to be decarboxylated (if that's what you mean by 'decarb', Munzy), so I'm not sure it's necessary/desirable to bake dry weed in an oven. There's a significant chance of reducing its potency, IMO.

Experts in preparing edible cannabis may disagree, but I've always thought its a good idea to avoid heating weed unless it's being mixed with oil at the same time (or consumed).
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:39
they insist that this must be done to dry cured weed i have not tried making these without doing this ??? they certainly work though, maybe i will try a batch without the decarb?
ANDWHAT
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:47
just ordered more caps as i need to find out for sure G
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>