Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not Smoking Cannabis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 17:33
I may or may not have stumbled upon the same info you found.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html

i've made more batches of edibles than i can remember in the last 5 years and every time i've done it somewhat differently and with varying results. In general, i've never been able to produce brownies that were strong enough to take the place of smoking, and also be more efficient in volume of marijuana consumed.

that being said, there have been a few occasions i've managed to make some killer brownies, but still the amount of marijuana which i had to put in those brownies made it inefficient compared to just smoking.

i've made two batches based on the link i just posted, and holy fucking shit i'm sooooo perfectly stoooooned right now. off one fucking brownie. which had a proportion of .4g of marijuana in it.

the difference between 99% of my other attempts, and these two attempts - i "decarb'ed" the weed. and i used an oven where the oil and marijuana were in an airtight container.

using my empirical ability, i surmise that there may infact be some logic to the "decarb"-ing of the weed, but whats more important is the containment of whatever gaseous vapors may leak-out.

OH!!! and i used the lecithin in these two batches, which is also different. I honestly may account the majority of success in these two batches to the lecithin and total containment of the brew; much less than the decarbing

here's some specific's i used on my last go:

6.4g white something from Humboldt county
50g soy lecithin (protien powder, kinda)
185 ml vegetable oil
8 ml vanilla extract
3 eggs
100g all-purpose flour
45g unsweeteneded cocoa powder
2g salt
310g sugar

Preheat at 170C and you get 16 strong brownies assuming you used equal quality cannabis to mine and followed the link as well as i did.

i also left the bud in for crunchyness - besides, why strain and risk a percentage of your product? leaf the shit in!! XDD
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 17:42
in my next run, i plan on using coconut oil and getting capsules as im not a huge sweets fan and the affect from consuming cannabis is much more beneficial to my medical needs than smoking 2-4g a day which, by the end of the day, ends in not much more than a headache
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 10:55
i have done some testing over the last week and i will say definately decarbing your weed does make a difference, i dont know how but it does, last time i made these caps i used 7grm bud and made 24 OO size caps 4 would give you a nice hit, this time i never decarbed the bud and i used 14grm and made 55 OOO size caps which are a lot bigger 4 of these gives a very mild hit not as strong so decarbing does work IMO
ANDWHAT
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 01:55
i've been doing my own experiments. I've just created a super potent tincture, I'm evaping the alcohol in the solution right now to leave a very very concentrated coconut oil behind. once that's done, i'll freeze, heat in a contained environment for about an hour and 15 min at 220 (if i do it for 2 hours itll be a couch lock affect, if i do it or the 1hr 15 ill get more of a cerebral affect with energy.)

this is the second time of made this specific recipe and the first time it came out killer, 1 capsule is perfect for most people, 2 for a bit bigger of a stoner.

28g made 150 capsules
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 02:14
in order to make this even more lucrative, I'm working on a simple method of capturing the vapors as the alcohol evaporates in order to condense and reuse the alcohol for future extractions

edit for addition:

"Briefly: in 2007-08 I was not located near the majority of the medical community, but I had the same curiosity many of us do:

I wonder how much potency am I extracting from my plant matter with 'X/amount-processing'?

After walking an old friend out west, through a few successful batches, I instructed him to go through the same process,

using 6 very different batches of herb, containing three different local strains/samples of varying cannabinoid/potency content

above 14% thc, but no higher than 19 - 20%.

They were divided into 6 portions, three decarbed, three non-decarbed. Each portion/subject was again divided, into

three or four smaller portions, for a series of individual washes.

Keeping in mind that the first portion washed, contains the least remaining potency, and the final batch washed (with already-

potentiated alcohol) leaves the most behind due to the increased concentration and potency content within the wash, I had

him send a portion of the -blended/combined- remaining 'waste' herb from each individual batch off to a nearby lab for

analysis (back then, 6 samples could be tested for the cost of about $2,500, and that was after a bulk discount...nowadays

it's closer to around $900 - $1,200 to analyze 6 samples).

Those that had been decarbed tested positive for varying amounts totaling less than 0.80%, primarily THC, and a very

minute fraction of THCA. Those that had not been decarbed also tested positive for both THCA, and in much smaller

quantity, THC, and combined again, less than 0.80%.... all numbers were not 0.80%, some were much lower.

Using the highest number I can remember, and assuming for the most waste possible, I think gives folks the most

'realistic' expectations.

We did this with oil extractions as well to determine how complete the extraction could be, with similar results; the

more oil you use, the more diluted it is, and the less potency you leave behind.

And the less oil you use initially, the more concentrated the resulting oil is, and slightly increased traces of potency

are left behind due to that increased concentration. That's why it can be good to use a rather large volume of alcohol, with

small divided portions, and why it's good a good idea to run more unadulterated oil through a batch of already oil-extracted

herb."

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-49.html#post13446289
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 10:57
caps are ok but nothing and i mean nothing beats a couple of grms of bubble dissolved into hot milk, tastes like shit but blows your head off
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12