Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

aghhh!!!! please help !!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aghhh!!!! please help !!!!!!
    Posted: 02 October 2012 at 16:17
I am not a novice but far from a pro haha. during my last two grows during veg and flower i have been getting red colouration in the leaves and stem when this appears it takes away all the green in the leaves and they are obviusly unhappy. I run 2 600 cool lights so a good humidity and temp is maintained air flow seems ok. for nutes i am using the canna bio range but not in the ratios they suggest i use lower than advised i have tried no nutes and increasing but it has no effect either way any advice would be greatly appriciated.  
Many thanks.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 16:52
Red? That's unusual. Can you post some images?

It could be similar to purple colouring, where anthocyanin in the leaves reflects light in certain colours (purple, blue, red), but is usually invisible because it sits below a layer of chlorophyll, which reflects green light and makes plants appear green to the human eye.

Various conditions (most commonly cold, but it can happen with age too) can cause the chlorophyll to recede from the leaves (or at least become thinner), so that the underlying colour is visible.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 19:13
will try and post pics asap. it could be purple but it is only on the veins of the leaf,stems and bottom of trunk is this the same thing? and is it harmful
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 20:05
hope this is of some help not very clear but you can see the purple/red in the veins and lack of green in leaf.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 10:22
It's hard to make out much detail, but it doesn't look too bad.

Red stems can a be a sign of several types of stress; it's hard to guess what's causing this.

Not sure how the leaves are losing their colour, but it's not caused by the red stems. Both are probably symptoms of the same (small) problem.

if it's just older/lower leaves going yellow, this is pretty normal, as long as new growth isn't affected.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 10:56
2 x 600s could be a problem in veg depending on how large your grow is?? some plants will react like this from light stress
ANDWHAT
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 13:01

the room size is 1.8m x 0.8m with 6 under each light. new growth does seem to be affected or taking more time dual spectrum hps

I know the nutes are very thick so do keep up with rhtzo treatment too.
Will try more pics resizing is hard any tips?

many thanks again for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%3cool
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:30
i use a 250 hps to veg 10 plants in 1.2mt x 1.2mt i would suggest you use just 1 of your lights and get it as far away as you can.or if you can afford it get a smaller hps to veg with, i start with a 125 CFL then move up to 250hps once they start getting big. try your camera settings you can usally set to email size pics with most digital cameras
ANDWHAT
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 21:59

barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 22:06
both of these babies are from the same room mentioned earlier you can see for yourself the difference in the third pic at the stem at bottom you cant quite see the coulouration stripes but is the same as stem in earlier pics hope these are better quality.
spends are tight so would difusing the light some how be an option? mabey with garden fleece in the space between? lights are a good metre away from tops of babies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>