Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > The Sensi Seed Bank FAQ
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Using photos on Facebook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using photos on Facebook
    Posted: 09 October 2012 at 16:00
Hi all,

We've been doing more with the Sensi Seeds FB page lately, and one thing that's always popular are nice shots of plants/buds/harvests.

Many Forum members are in the habit of uploading excellent cannabis photos and there are many that have been posted here in recent months that we'd like to share on FB.

This is a general request for any forum members who don't mind (or would like) their photos being featured on the Sensi page to let me know on this thread.

I'll assume a default position of 'no' for anyone who doesn't respond.

For those members who are OK with pics being used, the normal procedure is for us to D/L from here, then re-upload them to FB, credit each photo to a 'Friend of Sensi' or 'member of the Sensi Seeds Forums'.

If anyone would like a particular nickname attached to their pics, please say so.

Cheers!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 18:12
use anything u'd like
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 23:59
how secure is this ? is there any link back to people on here ?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 10:25
Cheers, Petrol!

Billy - re, security see OP!

billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 10:28
lol my bad was tired must of skiped that part :) ye work away ty
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 04:17
hey Ganja, as i told you in the past, just use 'em!
it is the least i can do after all the great help and infos i got from you!
cheers
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 23:19
Hi, feel free to use any post of mine as you see fit.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:40
Thanks guys!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 14:41
Billy Bong - come to think of it, since Google Image Search is becoming more and more effective, it might be possible to trace a photo from FB back to the forums.

These days, it's possible to simply go to GIS and drag in image from your computer into the browser. GIS will then search the web for similar images.

Its effectiveness varies widely. Sometimes it's spot on (usually with logos or very distinctive shapes and colour patterns), often it's not even close (and throws up a selection of images with similar colours but totally different subjects).

I think it's a bit like Google Goggles - it can be very accurate when there's a clear shape or outline to measure (GG is great with logos, for instance), but goes down in flames when its a more ambiguous shape or pattern.

It also works better with images that are repeated many times across the web.

I just tried with a random bud-shot from my desktop, and it didn't manage to match the image.

When I try a Sensi bud shot, GIS finds it straight away.

When I try a bud-shot from the forums (which is a clearly defined shape against a neutral background) GIS finds the forum page straight away, but nothing else. The 'similar images' are mostly bonsais, for some reason.
Interestingly, I've posted this same bud-shot on FB, and GIS does not find the FB post. Quite possibly, FB blocks its pages from being assessed by Google web-spiders.
AFAIK, that bud shot is only posted in two places, and GIS found the first one straight away.

You might want to try it for yourself, to see if its accuracy is worrying.

In one sense, since this technology is only going to get better, people who are really concerned about this kind of thing should probably avoid posting controversial images altogether.

On the other hand, since even a successful image search only leads back to the forum (or other places a grower posted the pic), and most members of grow-forums should be taking care not to include any identifying information in their profiles, it could be considered a low risk.
royalight View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote royalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 21:52
(Edited)
on second thought, rather not! sorry..
*J*D*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>