Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

First time grower..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chrisp View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Chrisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time grower..
    Posted: 28 February 2006 at 23:55

Hey all...

Looking to get my first set up going and id like any feedback on setup. Ill give you as much info as I can...

Indoor Setup - Small - 3-4 plants max!

I have a Storage closet roughly 6'x3'x4' that is latex painted white inside and fitted with a 400 watt changable bulb ballast.

The closet is vented with a fan on a timer. The closet is also light-tight!

So teh question is growing medium.... Im pretty sure I want to go hydro. I figure this is a great way tolearn a useful gardening practice. There are som many ways to go hydro however.... I dont want to spend allot, just 3-4 plants at a time is all i want to grow.... Mostly indica as it will work better growing indoor on teh tight space. I am thinkking rockwool....does that seem the best way?

Thanks!

C
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 00:18

Growing hydroponically will most likely push up the price of your setup

With hydro you need such extra's as:- PH, EC Meters, nutrient heaters, resivoir tanks etc, aswell as your medium i.e hydroton - diahydro - cellmax

All these intruments and mediums are the main items that affect your setup costs, whereas if you gro on soil you need - a tray - pots - soil - seeds and a light

Soil is a much cheaper way to begin - as you progress with your plants you may think of then switchin to hydro

Bowen

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
 Post Reply Post Reply