Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Proper Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SydBarrett420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SydBarrett420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proper Lighting
    Posted: 02 March 2006 at 16:30

Hello Cannabis Growers, I Just Purchased a new 100watt HPS to use in flowering my already 5 week old plants, I only have 2 of them so i was wondering if this light would be sufficiant being used with several other Flourecent lights i used for Veg.

Also i would like to know just how great a risk of fire there is when using outdoor fixtures in my garden? I dont have much experience with HID but a friend of mine who happens to be an electrician wired it for me and assures me proper gauge of wire was used and it is safe...

LEGALIZE IT.
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 21:03

I hope you trust in your friends ability to wire HID's, Fire is a big risk - Make sure its properly done.

Since this light is not a powerfull as some other lights on the market you can grow with them sufficiently - however since the current is lower the efficiency is also lower - but on the up-side you won't need a contactor to switch your timer

Bowen

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
SydBarrett420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SydBarrett420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 22:44

My friend does commercial and residential electrical work so i am not too worried about it just wanted to know the risk or if anyone had experienced a fire using HID lighting, But im not sure exactly what you meant when responding to my first question. Do i have enough light to produce decent buds on my plants? Im growing in a small closet space with plenty of relfective surfaces...

LEGALIZE IT.
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 22:51

Sorry bout that - was in a wee bit of a haze - heres a post that should clear up your questions :- http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=123&KW=lumens

It's all about the Lumens baby - Scroll down for lower powered lights.

Bowen

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
 Post Reply Post Reply