Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sensi Skunk#1 (Fem) / Hand Watered Coco / CFL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensi Skunk#1 (Fem) / Hand Watered Coco / CFL
    Posted: 26 February 2013 at 16:40
Hi everyone. Welcome to my first Grow Diary here.

The Grow details:
  • 5x Sensi Skunk # 1 feminised seeds
  • Medium – Canna Coco Pro
  • Feeding method – Hand water to run-off
  • Nutrients & Additives – Canna Coco: A+B, Rhizotonic, PK13/14
  • Grow Tent: 1.2m wide x 0.6m deep x 1.6m tall
  • Extraction: Filtered. In-line fan (up to 145 / 187 m3/per hour)
  • Lighting: Envirolites - 250W CFLs (‘Red’ & ‘Blue’ 100% PAR)
  • Water: Tap – drawn from chalk sources (pH8)
  • Water preparation: aerated for at least 24 hours in containers to aid de-chlorination – pH adjusted both before and after adding nutrients – solution kept aerated until use.
Well, here goes. I put the seeds into germination (using plates and paper towel method) and thought they’d maybe take at least 48 hours to get going. Then I got distracted %3coint

The first mistake of this grow. I failed to keep a watch on the little beggars. When I checked them 48 hours later, they had all not only germinated but also sprouted long taproots. Worse, some had started to take root in the damp tissue %3cngry

Anyway, long story short, I managed to get them sown in their little ‘baby’ coco pots without (hopefully) too much damage to them %3cmile

Now it’s just a question of waiting to see if they develop properly (or at all).

Anyway, I’ll certainly let you know what happens - although, this could be a very short diary.

Grow4Life %3cig%20smile

Ps. Congratulations to Sensi on the vitality of their seeds.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 17:58
Welcome to the forum Grow4life and good luck with your grow. Is this your first grow or just your first diary at this forum?
Now Bart, since you broke Grandpa's teeth, he gets to break yours.
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 20:07
No need to worry, Grow.

I too use the paper towel method. I've had many a seed that germinated overnight even, to the point where they rooted in the paper towel. I've found that just by adding a little more water to the paper towel, they come off just fine and grow to live very healthy lives.

It's really difficult to determine how long it will take for seeds to germinate. I usually put seeds in the wet paper towel before I go to bed, then check them in the morning.

I've found that germination rate can usually be linked to how old the seeds are. The older the seeds, the longer it takes to germinate (in my experiences). In your case, it seems like you have some very 'fresh' seeds.

Welcome to the forum!
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 23:37
Originally posted by alecky

Welcome to the forum Grow4life and good luck with your grow. Is this your first grow or just your first diary at this forum?

Thanks alecky %3cool

No, this isn't my first grow, just my first on this forum. I started growing a few years ago with a very d-i-y growdrobe. I was so impressed with results that I've been adding knowledge and equipment ever since - but always on a tight budget though.
Originally I was a mud-lark' using compost, then was persauded to try coco - now I'd never go back. So, I have some experience, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my grows.

Grow4Life %3cig%3c
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 23:46
Originally posted by RiffsAndSpliffs

No need to worry, Grow.

...where they rooted in the paper towel. I've found that just by adding a little more water to the paper towel, they come off just fine and grow to live very healthy lives.

It's really difficult to determine how long it will take for seeds to germinate. I usually put seeds in the wet paper towel before I go to bed, then check them in the morning.

...In your case, it seems like you have some very 'fresh' seeds.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome and advice RiffsAndSpliffs. I usually check them more often by using a series of reminders on my phone but... ...well, I kind of got ambushed by some really wicked weed a friend gave me to try. Basically, got stoned %3co%20high%3cmile

Grow4Life %3cig%3c

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 23:50
A quick update on the 'babies'; three of them have already shoved their heads up through the coco %3chumbs%20Up so it's looking good.

Grow4Life %3cig%3c
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 05:15
Welcome to the forum Grow4Life :D
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 22:04
Originally posted by sarah louise

Welcome to the forum Grow4Life :D

Thanks very much sarah louise - it's a pleasure to be here %3cig%20smile

Grow4Life %3cig%3c
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 22:45
UPDATE:

So its just over 3 days since the seeds were put into damp tissues and, so far, it's looking like all 5 seeds are now seedlings. Am quite relieved. They seem to have survived the transfer to pots ok - although the last one to appear out of the coco (the rightmost one in the front of the pic) doesn't seem as vigorous as the others. Not to worry though %3cmile

Here's a couple of random close-ups:

Don't worry, I'm not going to fill this thread with 'baby pics' %3cmile - I'm just happy they all seem to be fine (early days yet of course).

They are now installed in their grow tent, under a single 6400k CFL (placed very high above them). I am monitoring temps, humidity etc. They receive a light misting occasionally, with pH6-7 water containing a smallish dose of Rhizotonic (the coco was prepared with the same solution).

That's all there is for now. Will post updates as things happen.

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 22:49
Oops top pic appears to be clipped on the right. I'll try to get it right next time %3cmbarrass%3cd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>