Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Nutrient, Fertiliser and pH
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best food for Vegative growth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chathraxanza View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote chathraxanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best food for Vegative growth?
    Posted: 17 March 2006 at 23:11
Hi, I was just wondering what the best feed is for vegtive growth, I once used miracle grow but I had little mushrooms grow in it so I got rid of it soil and all.

Are there any brands that I can use (I went to homebase once and the feeds didn't tell me much) as I get a bit baffled by all the p's and n's and things :-)

chath
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 16:39
hi chathraxanza..... for vegative growth you want a high nitrogen feed so high in the n first letter on n-p-k readings and lower on the p and k should see you ok..i personally only use fish emulsion for veg growth...good luck
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote chathraxanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 01:53
does the stuff you use have a brand name and if so, where can I get it? :-)

Im serious though I spent so long in hoembase reading the stuff they almost charged me rent ;-)

All i've done so far, was sterilise the soil and soak it in a bit of watered down baby bio, that was about a week and half ago. So I think I need to top up the food soon, yeah?

I feel like I've suddenly inherited 8 kids lol

Cheers for the reply tho :-)

Chath

Septiva4u View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Septiva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 07:21
I shop mostly at hydroponic garden stores, although I soil grow they seem to have everything I need. I like brands like fox farms and advance nutrients. I feed my babies flora nova grow during their veg phase and switch to floranova bloom during flowering. I use products to increase root health and nutrient uptake like hygrozyme, and diamond nectar. They have directions for soil and soiless systems, good luck. Hope this helps.
Septiva
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote chathraxanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 15:01
Cheers for the replies :-)

I'm afraid I'm quite limited to homebase and wilkinsons really lol

so far for the next repotting I have:

Wonder gro: I'll just type what it has because its all gibberish to me :P

Nitrogen 16%
Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2O5) 10% (4.4%P) Soluble in neutral ammonium citrate & in water.
Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2O5) 10% (4.4%P) soluble in water.
Potassium Oxide (K2O) 27% (22.4%K)
Magnesium Oxide (MgO) 1% (0.6%Mg)
Boron 0.02%
Copper 0.01%
IOron 0.20%
Manganese 0.02%
Molybdenum 0.0002%
Zinc 0.05%

A bag of Miracle Gro compost enriched with miracle Gro and Phosphate.
But no breakdown so I don't know what else is in it, says its great for seedlings, rooted cuttings, plants and has good aeriation n stuff.

My chap got me the stuff today.

Let me know what you think :-)

Chath
Septiva4u View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Septiva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 16:53

I don't really like Miracle Gro as it doesn't always produce consistent results. I also don't like to use soil or compost that alreadt has anything in it. I prefer to add my own nutrients to the soil so that I know exactly what my plants are being fed. The N-P-K in the formula that you give is 16-10-22. When they are in the vegetative phase they tend to need higher N and then during the flowering phase there needs shift to higher lievels of P and K.

always monitor your plants they will definitely show you when they are being dtressed orreceiving too much nutrients or not enough nutrients.

good luck

Septiva
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote chathraxanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 11:44
Cheers :-D

Jeez its can be confusing eh lol

So far I have 8 tiny Shiva Shanti plants, I've repotted them to just below the first rounded leaves, they now have 4 normal leaves so touch wood so far they seem to be doing well :-)

I'll prob start feeding them little amounts in a few weeks I think.

anyways I really appreciate the advice :-)

Chath
hamlet View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 22:38

I've had Chempak no. 2 suggested for veg and no. 4 for flowering (i know nothing but the man who suggested it might).  You can use this stuff diluted every time you water, which is what I've just started to do for my flowering Mothers Finest (first time - sorry).

The ingredients on the packs do seem to tie up with published wisdom so maybe the man who told me it about knows what he is about.  This jollop also has Magnesium listed as an ingredient which a lot (Miracle Grow included) don't.  I think that's good (not that I know much).  You need to go to a proper garden centre (I found it at Notcutts) for it, a lot of the staff seem quite knowledgable about Cannabis cultivation by the way. It's only about 4 quid as well! 

I'll let you know if mine are dead in the morning, just fed them.  

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote chathraxanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 14:28
lol sorry I couldn't help laughing when you said about nottcuts staff being knowledgable about canabis, shame they don't say that or I'm sure their places would become very very popular :-) hehe

Anyways cheers for the advice I'll look into that brand as well :-)

Chath
 Post Reply Post Reply