Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HID Lights - different sizes & prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hydrogenum View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HID Lights - different sizes & prices
    Posted: 08 January 2005 at 23:08

positive man...

we can go far away...
milehigh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2005 at 17:45
There are growers where I live that can get 70 to 100 grams from a 70 watt HID light. I know many many growers that are very successful with 150s and 250s. In a perfect world(Holland) where you have no worries, a 400 or bigger is really nice, and will give you much more product, but there is nothing wrong with getting the most for the least.

Good luck with your grow. I am growing under 2X150w HPS, and doing just fine. I bet I end up with well over 150 grams per cycle.

milehigh
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 16:50

I agree with you that much that sleeping with ANY background/ humming/ low frenquency tone is bad for you had man... Screwes you up.

What concerned the power. If you growing a bit bigger, in holland and definately Amsterdam you could considder applying for a 360 connection at your electricity supplier. Start a little company or non profit organization doing a lot of computer work or as a studio.

I believe I heard some fireman/ policman say one time....

"I'd rather have them using a proper electric connection, than overload a 'regular' connection. This due to the enormous fire hazard. In cities like Amsterdam where all the houses are so close to eachother ANY fire might be fatal for a complete block of houses."

Is a 'Power/ Business' line in Italy not an option? Here it is. I guess also because you can use it as a write off, if I'm not mistaken.

Ciao for now

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 21:36

ok

reactor + starter = 50 euros (both for 250 and 400 W)

bulbs are not so different in cost...you're right to say is convenient a 400 W one...

another thing is that i got THAT place, and i tried with an 400W (a friend of mine gave me a coltivation HPS)------> 30°C is not ok

i gave that 400W one to an other fiend of mine that is still growing home...in a bigger place

returning to the topic, in italy if the bill of electricity goes very up, the society that gives you electricity notice the police you are getting too much...and so they send an ispector...the same thing for the water...gas...exxxxeteraaa

in italy electricity costs a lot...more than everyone in europe i think, or sure in first places...with a 400W bulb and 1 fun(ventilator) in italy you can spend 100 euros in two month...absurde

with 250 got less but spend less

p.s..s.ss. try to sleep with a 400 one and a fun continuing alll night in your bedroom...i'm doing it but with 250 i can...i think not with 400

water, LIGHT, and CO2 guys

good growin

good life

we can go far away...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 15:22

There may be 150w HID bulbs, but they aren't worth using unless your space is so small that it absolutely demands it. In those circumstances you might be better off using a 125w compact fluorescent.

Everyone can afford to run a 400w light - a small vacuum cleaner consumes about 1500w (though, admittedly, you don't run a vacuum cleaner for 12 hours per day, unless you have OCD).

The same goes for 250w HID bulbs. They are available, but there's not much point. A 400w will only cost a bit more and will consume just over 50% more power.

The bottom line is that a 400w lamp can produce bigger buds than is possible with a 250w lamp.

A good 400w lamp and ballast should not generate too much heat. You could definitely keep a 400w in a closet grow-room.

32,000 lumens is enough for the space you describe, but optimum lighting for indoor cannabis is 40,000 to 50,000lm per m/sq. This can be achived with a 400w HPS (or AGRO) lamps per m/sq or a 600w HPS lamp for each 2m/sq.

You should remember that only about 80% of a bulb's rated lumens are available in real life. So, from a new 32K lumen bulb, your plants are likely to actually receive about 25.6K lumens

Europe uses a 220v power supply.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 16:25

hi seeeeeeeerrrrroooooooo

why do you give infos about 150W bulbs?

isn't there in nl bulbs of 250 W?

i think they are the best solution for a little place !!!

my osram vialox nav-t 250W (32000 lumens) costs 18 EURO...and also it does not spend a lot of electricity...

32000 lumen in a place L 120 H 180 Deep 60 cm is perfect...and with this bulb in my gbox the temperature is 24-25°C

just one thing: what kind of electricity have you got in nederland?

220 V 50-60 HZ or 110 V

stay high

we can go far away...
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 13:20
Now I can really see the difference on lights. I have a flowerroom with both cheap 600W HPS and Philips 400W. The buds under my 400W is much bigger than those under my sh*tty 600W lights. Dont try to save money on cheap lighting, you get what you pay for. It's not just the watts. The Ballast and reflector are very important.
NL#5xH
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 12:56

it is very important the color of the radiations...

i think it is important to have an appropriate spectrum of color...

Choose a bulb for agro-culture, not the first HPS you find on your way...

one solution from the beginning to the end with one bulb HPS

Philips son-t agro (270/430/1080W)

Osram vialox nav-t (the same but cheaper!!!-i don't know if the 1000W exists!!!)

Or another solution is to "find" an MH (blue-white) for vegetative growing and a simple yellow/red HPS for flowering...it is important to have a lot of lumens...special bulbs make special light

peace

we can go far away...
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 13:02

Thanks for that nl5Haze. And what about the ballasts? And the reflectors?

My cheap 600's get hot enough to light up a joint on, while my Philips is luke warm.

My guess is that some of the 600watts are conwerted to heat instead of light?

And surely a good reflector is very important also.

NL#5xH
nl5haze View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote nl5haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 16:56

there is a difference between cheap hps and phillips

first thing. lumen cheap bulb 32000 lumens  phillips 55000 lm

second. burning time, in one year a phillips will loose its lm depending on the total of burning hours, this is the same for a cheap hps.....

a cheaper bulb will be "burnt out" quicker.  when your light intensity is below 25000lm it is time to buy a new bulb

so......cheap bulbs you buy two each year

phillips bulbs one bulb on year

have fun

Sensi Borneo Diving Resort & Tours

Dive adventures in Sabah Malaysian Borneo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>