Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outdoor in Finland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
koiras76 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote koiras76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor in Finland
    Posted: 03 October 2004 at 14:13

I've been growing indoors for some time. Just this passed summer I had my first outdoorproject.

This summer was horrible fof hemp, because it was way too wet and the sun didn't shine almost at all. Any of my 35 plants didn't survive.

Now I'm asking here that what would be the strain for me. I live in Finland. (southern side of Finland to be exact)

Summernights are supposed to be filled with light. Photoperiod may be good for flowering today, but nights are now pretty cold and days are filled with rain...

I'd be needing strains that doesn't care so much about fotoperiod for flowering and four months season is enough. (most light  would be in end of June or stary of July)

I was thinking of Ruderalis Indica, Guerilla's Gusto, Early Girl or maybe Early Skunk...

What would you think?

http://www.hamppu.net/forum
(Finnish forum for cannabis... (also section for discussion in English)
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 17:48

Hi and welcome Koiras76,

In answer to your questions I would go for Ruderalis Skunk or Ruderalis Indica.

Ruderalis® is an early-flowering variety that grows wild in parts of Eastern Europe and Russia. We have used the early flowering characteristic of Ruderalis® to improve the outdoor performance of some of our best Skunk varieties.
The advantage of a Ruderalis® hybrid is that approx. 50% of the seedlings will begin flowering at the 5-7th internode, regardless of the photoperiod (with a finishing date of Sept. 1). The other half of the seedlings will be later (October).
RUDERALIS SKUNK - 44€

The Ruderalis originates as a land race from Hungary and the Soviet Union.
Flowering in the Ruderalis is not related to photoperiod like most other strains but to age. The Ruderalis Indica® hybrid is a very early and short but also potent hybrid. The heavy Indica makes it more susceptible to mould than, for example, Early Pearl®, Early Girl®, Durban® and Mexican Sativa®. If you are lucky with a good autumn then this will be no problem, so prepare to be suprised by this hardy, good quality Indica. RUDERALIS INDICA - 14€

I hope this answers your question, Guidance  SeeroSeero

Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 12:43
I agree that Ruderalis is your best bet. Been trying some outdoor myself in middle Sweden. (this year was a waste -bad weather here to) A tip-dont put them out to soon, end of June works here. It took me two years to find a lady that works for my climate, lots of work finding her and keeping her in veg indoors, but next summer it should pay off since i have the right lady going. I'll take my cuttings in the end of Maj, setting them out in the end of June. Good luck to you Koiras 76.
NL#5xH
drgreenthumb View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote drgreenthumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 13:48

Nice one Tompa,

Summer here has been absolutely crap too...

I was so dumb this year to not care and just put out a bunch of seeds I still had laying around. Unfortunately none of them were really outdoor material.

Ruderalis is the sh*t.

I'm thinking about moving somewhere warmer though. like Spain

You should be able to pull 1 Key from a plant. Which would be really cool if you grow about 10 plants no??

Laters

koiras76 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote koiras76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 10:49

Ok... Seems to me that I'll put something like these out next summer. (all of them proven to be female of course)

Couple of ruderalis Indica strains, few Early girls, couple of mysterious mix strains (nobody knows what they are, but they are flowering hardly as they grow to almost 2 meters high, no matter what photoperiod) and last but not least, I'm going to try with couple of Guerilla's Gusto also.

That would mean something like fifteen to twenty strains.

Couple of weeks and seeds are going to closet... I just can't wait.

hydrogenum View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 15:26

a friend of mine 3 months ago found a little plant on the street...she was getting out from the hole in the street...you should have this plant...

unfortunately that friend is stupid...and the little plant now's dead

she did not survive...

cmq ruderalis is ok for you...maybe i had an other seed for you...(I named her "BACK IN STALINGRADO") but....

hope the best for you, friend

peace

Edited by Ganja
we can go far away...
koiras76 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote koiras76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 18:37
Originally posted by hydrogenum

cmq ruderalis is ok for you...maybe i had an other seed for you...(I named her "BACK IN STALINGRADO") but....

hope the best for you, friend

peace

Ok... You got my attention.

"Back In Stalingrado" Tell me more about this one. Is this more like sativa or indica? Does it grow well at outdoors? Oh hell... Tell me everything about it.

killa_leaf View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote killa_leaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 17:12

"Back In Stalingrado" ???

WTF?

20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 15:21

Any indica dominant strain including Ruderalis would not be well during flowering in prolonged wet conditions as you've described koiras76.

Personally, if I was living in such a climate, I would try one of these things to ensure at least a decent harvest of buds .

If you wish to grow outdoors in the open:

1.  The most important thing is to pick a strain that has good mould resistance, irrespective to any other factor.  Without this factor, no matter what else you do, chances are you will not succeed.

2.  Pick a strain that finishes relativly fast so as to minimise your time outdoors during flowering.

3.  Whatever strain you then pick, they can all be made to trigger flower as the Ruderalis does on the 6-7th node.  This is simply accomplished by starting the seed under a 12/12 light regime from day 1(this may increase male rates in some strains but will not effect potency). 

This can be accomplished only if the plants are either:

(i)  Started indoors under a HID enviroment

(ii) Moved indoors EVERY day for a 12 hour dark period in a dark room of any sort that has reasonable ventilation.

Once flowering has commenced, which is 2weeks after showing sex on the 6th odd node, the plant is kept on this 12/12 regime till it has flowered for at least 3weeks(into flower).  After that, they can be left outdoors to finish flowering naturally without any further darkening photoperiod induced manually by yourself as previous.

OR

Once you have determined points 1 and 2 above, build a glasshouse or a polytunnel, or fit very lightly 'milked' or see-through fibreglass sheets to the roof of a shed - and grow them under a protective housing.  You may need to supplement the housing with some HID light in the middle of days that are very dark from cloud cover for 2-4hours to achieve a good harvest.  In this situation one 600W hps set up under the roof/ceiling every 12feet apart will suffice.

In picking a strain, I would go for a sativa dominant strain that has a fast flowering time.  OR  An indica dominant or 50/50 strain that inherantly has very good mould resistance during flowering.

Sativa dominant - DurbinPoison, MexicanSativa, WLNevsHaze(sativa pheno), and especially Early Girl are just some that you could consider.  Any sativa that finishes fast will also do the job fine.

Indica dominant or 50/50 strains - NorthernLights, Kush, SwizzMiss(mould proof strain), Hollands Hoop, Khola are some you can also consider.

Hope this helps a little.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 14:23

20'thai said:

Once flowering has commenced, which is 2weeks after showing sex on the 6th odd node, the plant is kept on this 12/12 regime till it has flowered for at least 3weeks(into flower).  After that, they can be left outdoors to finish flowering naturally without any further darkening photoperiod induced manually by yourself as previous.

News to me. I think they will simply trigger back to veg-stage.

I'we newer had mold in my buds

NL#5xH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>