Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need advice
    Posted: 09 April 2006 at 19:29
hi, i grow a few plant in pots on my balcony... i've growen twise and now i wanna do it better than ever..

i wonder how big should my pots be because i got avgana wich grows alot i think.. i also don't have mush space for pots .. what is the size it should do a good job also is it good to grow them under 150hps before they see day light because the last days were ranny and dark i had the light on for like 12/12 they grow shy abit but look realy nice 10x for the help
Tepelstreel View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 20:53
10 liter pots would do quite well, i wouldn't take anything smaller. Your strain "avgana" doesn't ring a bell, but if it's from the afghani family, you will have compact plants
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 12:49
ok 10l u said it but what about size ? can i go with a not so deep but wide or shall i go with the deep one because i have this metal thinks with pots that i would have to get rid off but it won't be easy because they were welded to the balcony but no problem i will get rith off them
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 14:30
The most commonly used type is the bucket-shape. Mine, for example, are 22cm wide and 26cm high, 11L pots. I use them for indoor growing tho. Outdoor growing in a hot climate like yours in Bulgaria will produce larger plants, with the need for well developed roots.
I'd say, use pots that are at least 30 cm deep and 25cm wide. Anything smaller will greatly affect your yield when growing outdoors. More soil also means more nutrients for your plant to feed on.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 16:51
ok i get the point but i grow it in the center of varna and here we also have laws :) i don't wanna make a big impreshion with nabors because i plan to grow 3 buds i will go with the size u say but can't i add plant food is what they sold it for to me i looks green cristal that mixes with water don't know what it is i still haven't used it so havenet checked the PH .. 10x for the greate help :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 21:33
I wouldn't start using additionnal plant food, unless you know 100% what you're doing. Good natural fertilized soil supplies your plants with enough nutrients for at least 6 - 8 weeks if you put them in large pots.
If you need to add food, build up slowly to higher concentrations of food over time. Use 1/2 strength if you are unsure of what your plants can take. Novice soil growers tend to over-fertilize their plants. Stop all plant food 2 weeks before harvesting, so that the plants don't taste like plant food.
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 19:50
ok, i do same don't but with a different thing in mind i don't add food or rertilizers before my plants reaches those nice branches were the buds apire after flowering ..
also i've got a "thing" special for merry crops it was a gift from a gye thet went shiping ... i hope to go with that for a change i know what i am doing just haven't been doing it in this life :P
 Post Reply Post Reply