Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Specks on older Leaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
arrebatao View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote arrebatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Specks on older Leaves
    Posted: 09 April 2013 at 16:21
Hello All,
Here are some pictures of a Purple Haze that is about 3 weeks old.  I have noticed some brownish specks on the older leaves.  The top leaves look fine but it seems as if when they get older they get these spots and then dry out and fall.  Please let me know if this is a serious problem and what action needs to be taken to correct the issue.  I would be very grateful for your advice.
Kind regards

elementarywatson View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote elementarywatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 17:29
Hey arrebatao,

How much water are you giving them?
What type of ventilation/air movement are you using?
What are you growing in?

The plant in its entirety looks like its being overwatered/too humid/overfed. The leaves curling down, stunted growth a bit.
The lower leaves being that yellow also supports this.

The brown spots, look like they might be root rot. From overwatering etc.

Let them dryout for a while.

My humble opinion.

Cheers,
Watson
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11625 MC WG
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 18:25
they look like they are drooping from lack of water other than that they look ok IMO
ANDWHAT
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 18:47
new growth is nearly spot on - except for that curved affect. the curved affect can come from inconsistent environmental variables such as humidity and temperature fluctuations.

it looks like you're running some sort of drip system through regular soil. I can't really tell if you've amended it or not, but from my own experience I wouldn't use a drip system for soil unless it is heavily amended and super drainy. otherwise you end up with problems like this. I tend to agree that this looks like over watering and maybe an issue with nutrition as well.
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
arrebatao View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote arrebatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 20:42
Thanks for your replies.  They're growing on soil and are well ventilated.  The soil does not feel too wet at all on the top but perhaps there is some overwatering, the temperature fluctuates between a min of 16 and maximum 26 celsius and  trying to avoid this but have been unable until today,  Will try to dry them a bit and see.  They seem to be growing very slow in comparison to previous harvests in the same environment...
arrebatao View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote arrebatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 20:45
Thanks for your reply will try to dry them a bit and see what happens.  they are well ventilated and growing on soil.  i have done this before with success and yes perhaps there was less watering and the onll factor that has bot been controlled in this attempt is the temp. fluctuations...
arrebatao View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote arrebatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 20:58
Thanks for your reply.  What do you mean by "amended"?
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 23:01
modified, added perlite for example to improve drainage.

your plants are never going to 'feel' too wet; that's kind of a rookie thing to say, and even more makes me thing your problem is with a misunderstanding of how to water your plants.

soil plants want complete saturation and then to be left to radically dry out before re-saturation. in other words, you don't want to add more watter until atleast the top few cm of soil is damn near bone dry. this is why drip systems aren't usually suited for soil growth. if you want the benefits of soil but to use a drip system, many people use coco coir.

so to recap, if your soil is always a little moist - its probably not a good thing.
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
 Post Reply Post Reply