Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cloning
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Old enough to clone or flower?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
boulderkind420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote boulderkind420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old enough to clone or flower?
    Posted: 29 April 2006 at 08:54
Hi everyone-

first off, I'm new to the forum but I have a quick (hopefully) question for some of you out there . I picked up some Sensi Skunk seeds, and I have been growning them under a 400 watt hps in my closet, and they were started under flourescents. I have been growing them for about 2 months as of this point, and they are showing no nodes as of yet. I've been using BC Grow nutrients, and the plants look extremely healthy.

My question, is when should I go to the 12/12 cycle, when the nodes alternate? The plants are about a foot high, and still growing like mad.. I know MJ is a slow maturing plant, so this is where I as for your advice!!

any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!
nick-ol-teen View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote nick-ol-teen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 13:53
hi there. it realy depends on your needs/requirements. you can keep growing them under 18/6 light cycle and they will just keep growing. u can switch to a 12/12 light cycle any time u want. from what u have said then i would start them on a 12/12 cycle now as its gonna take about another 8/9 weeks to finish flowering.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote boulderkind420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 19:12
I was just trying to wait for the nodes to alternate, I suppose I could go ahead and put them on an 18/6...

thanks!
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 07:21
Do you know what sex they are ?

You could have males and no females

Turning them down to 12 will tell you

Rule of thumb is usally bring up more seeds when flowering from seed, so you get a couple of females and a choice of who to keep for your mother

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 13:22
Internodes don't necessarily alternate.

Many plants (particularly Indicas) keep growing internodes in symmetrical pairs all through their life.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote boulderkind420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 18:36
They're on the 12/12 cycle now, have been for a week. I think they are both females, at least judging form what I've grown before, but it is still too early to defiently tell..

Thanks guys for the help,

boulderkind420
dread View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 09:23
hi there
im growing some super skunk at the moment along with some other varietys and they have alternitive node nearly straight away im only waitng to get some decent clones before turning  them to12/12  
Dread
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote boulderkind420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 19:31
Awesome, I plan on cloning here in the next couple days.
dread View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 13:56
hi
are you taking clones during the flowering stage from your super skunk ,if so have you found this succesfull ,i seem to be waiting for a while  to get cuttings that are big enough and id rarher start flowering 

Dread
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 14:44
In the first 1-3 weeks of flowering, plants can give good clones that root very well (sometimes more easily than clones cut from the same plant in the veg stage).

The only trouble is that the clones will often continue flowering at the same rate as the parent, even when they're given a long photoperiod.

It may take a while to turn such clones back to the vegetative state. When a plant starts to flower, it produces powerful chemical signals that initiate the change in growth that produces the reproductive parts. These signals can take a while to reverse.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>