Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ruderalis indica

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fast pine View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling


Joined: 08 February 2008
Posts: 15
  Quote fast pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 02:21
I just got my Ruderalis Indica in the mail today!!!!...Im very excited...I too plan to cross(inbreed) the RI....
 
 
My hopes are to have a bulk stash of seed for the 2009 outdoor season. I need the RI seeds due to the extreemly high altitude I grow at. The season is super short, ending early/mid september....
 
My only question is....Will the seed stock display any phenotypes that finnish later than september?
Back to Top
fast pine View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling


Joined: 08 February 2008
Posts: 15
  Quote fast pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 17:00
Any ideas on the september finnish?.....
Back to Top
bennybjc View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Avatar

Joined: 22 March 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 113
  Quote bennybjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 20:27
definatly listen to ganja i get a 95% success rate using the wet paper towel and 2 plates method i would not do it any other way...i guess the other 5% are dud seeds...
Back to Top
bucky76 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Avatar

Joined: 22 April 2009
Location: friesland
Posts: 1
  Quote bucky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 13:19
i bought the ruderalis indica  last january , in its original new packing.
te growshop ordered it especially for me.. so it should be a fresh batch..
BUT...no visible flowers yet.+90 days vegging.
if this is uncommon...say so - i will post pics..with current date by newspaper...

feels like i wasted money on seeds, and the project , and losing valuable time during this pre veg season at the moment ( cant plant much more than five where i live...and as said : 7 are alive..)

can i expect flowering anytime soon , or should i invest precious time in my next balcony/windowsill project?

%3cxlamation

best herb is never sold
Back to Top
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2003
Posts: 6796
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 13:53
I have little experience with Ruderalis Indica outside. I think Sarah Louise had some RI that were either not autoflowering as quickly as expected, or seemed to be somewhat affected by the photoperiod.

How big are the plants after 90 days of being alive?

Assuming they are healthy and a decent size, I would be surprised if you can't see some sort of pre-flowers on them by now. This would be likely even in a non -autoflowering plant that had been in veg for 90 days. You should be able to spot males and female if you look closely at the bracts with a magnifier

Are they on your windowsill, your balcony, or are they moved between the two locations?

Lastly, I don't really follow your point about wasting time and money. If these plants aren't unhealthy and aren't being kept in appalling conditions, they should now be of a decent size and they will flower. 

Starting again would be a waste of time and money when you have (presumably) healthy plants in the sun right now.

The aim of using the autoflowering trait of Ruderalis in the short northern summers is to time it so that the flowers are being produced in the brightest, sunniest months - May to July. Note also that the finishing time given for RI is September.

All in all, I think it's too soon to be calling your project a failure. You have plants that will flower, and should in fact flower at the ideal time of the season.


Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Back to Top
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 17 November 2007
Location: In low orbit.
Posts: 3760
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 14:23
Some pictures would really help.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Back to Top
GuerillaG View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling


Joined: 03 July 2009
Posts: 1
  Quote GuerillaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 10:40
hiding tree your original guess was accurate .

crossing ruderalis with itself could potentially yield offspring
of Pure Ruderalis Pure indica or anywhere in between.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down