Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Basics and Fundamentals
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Roots / Drying Trees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roots / Drying Trees
    Posted: 19 May 2006 at 16:31
Hi,

during what period of the growth do roots develope the most?
I'm using 3,5 liter pots, yes, they are kinda small but i dont want the plants to be taller then 1,50m when its time to harvest so the size might be okay..
I wonder if thats a problem, i know that when i see the roots come out the holes of the pot i need to change to a bigger pot..

Another Question,

After havest: Do I need to dry them instantly or can i seal them and try em a month later?
marijuana keeps me calmer, makes me smarter, burnin down the high way, the highest grade gettin to my head
stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 19:57
Hi hydrodon
I'm not sure what part of cannabis growth develops the most roots, but I think it's all the way through their growth and during flowering.
Using 3.5 litre pots is good in the early stages but you'll find it necessary to pot up to larger pots as you know when they get pot bound. Personnally I will end up with a pot size of 10 litres for flowering and up to end of harvest ( some of my strains have reached a metre in height at harvest time with plentiful yields and no rootbound problems.
After harvest I would definatly recomend you hang em to dry before containing them for future smoke. Sealed wet buds will mold at an alarming rate and wreck your buds, leaving them completely unsmokeable.
But after the buds are dry you can cure them in mason jars for a month or two and you'll be pleased with the result's, better taste, smoother on the lungs and with some strains even more potent. This is the way I do it but I'm sure other growers will put in some input to your questions.....a good place to go on this forum is sensi's FAQ's, some good basic info and tips..you'll find it near the top of the forum somewhere....anyway's it's time for me to light one up....hope this helps....have fun growing yer plants and be safe...Stash
I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.
 Post Reply Post Reply