Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

lights in a small area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fairygreen View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fairygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lights in a small area
    Posted: 12 October 2004 at 15:18
I've a box of about 2mx2mx2m. Could someone explain me how it is better to equip this place for an indoor coltivation?for example, how many and what type of lighting I've to use and all the useful informations in order to obtain successful results. Thanks   
nl5haze View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote nl5haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 16:13

There is no single correct answer to this, no matter how big or small the area in question. There are many other variables to consider, most importantly the intended size of the finished plants and the type of lighting used.

The height of the ceiling in a grow-room probably affects the potential number of plants more than the floor-area. The height of the ceiling dictates the maximum height at which grow-lights may be suspended. Bearing in mind that lamps should never be closer than 50cm (80cm for 600w lamps) to the tops of plants, it is possible to work out the maximum height to which a plant may be grown in a particular area. Large plants obviously need more floor space than small ones

You can use 2 X 400 watt light this will cover an area of 2 m2 .... if have some space for a water tank and to move around.

Make sure you have enough ventilation because you need to keep the room temperature around 24C and for a small room with 2 lights this can be a problem. Otherwise use 1 X 600 watt ….

Lots more info on the Sensi Seeds FAQ web page and in this forum

Sensi Borneo Diving Resort & Tours

Dive adventures in Sabah Malaysian Borneo
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 13:29

i'd use 2x600w HPS. 2Fans for ventilation, one in-air and one out-air placed high.

A termostat with a single pole doublethrow will control your two fans o temp. Choose much bigger Fans than you think you need. 2 ocsillating fans throws the air around in your room.

NL#5xH
 Post Reply Post Reply