Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

tropical problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MirandaLewis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MirandaLewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tropical problem
    Posted: 29 October 2014 at 09:16
The cannabis sativa is a perfect strains for tropical settings. Mexican sativa might do well.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 11:38
Hi Skenkie, it is most likely that the early skunk will begin to flower when quite small. Cannabis plants with a lot of indica in their background need longer days to keep them growing vegetatively.

I had a look at your grow log and don't think that it is going to be practical to do anything to make the day time longer, but here are a couple of tricks I have seen people use to keep plants growing in short days.

In the north of Australia the days are very short and I know people there who keep their plants growing by using solar powered garden lights. The lights turn on automatically when the sun goes down and stay on for a few hours until the batteries are exhausted... this is usually enough light to keep the plants growing without going into flower. The following day the sun recharges the batteries ready for the next night.

I don't know if this idea will work for you or if the light will make people curious and bring unwanted attention to your grow area.

The other trick is to wait until halfway through the night and then turn on a lamp for one hour. I know people who use this method in their indoor grow rooms to save a few hours electricity... but again I don't know if it is a suitable method for your grow. I don't know how safe it is for you to be out in the middle of the night.

My advise would be to stick with strains that are mostly sativa. These plants will still begin to flower quite small but they continue to grow while they flower so you will end up with decent sized plants in the end.

I noticed a picture of a Thai plant in your grow log... these would be the most suitable varieties for your situation.

Good luck and happy growing, sara %3ceed%20leaf

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
skenkie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote skenkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 16:04
allright thanks for the info.
what you hink about the early skunk that i orded? will it wor out you think??

so now i will focus on ordering sativa strains.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 14:17
The Mexican sativa should do really well. Sativas are from tropical zones and therefore they have to grow and flower at the same time, indica strains will need a bit of vegetative growth before flower, that's means longer days, which u don't have. What you have grown already sounds like they were auto flower seeds or indica seeds that started flowering straight away without any veg time, hence their short stature.

You can grow any of the sativa heavy strains from the sensi catalogue, Jack herer, silver haze, juicy fruit, nl5xhz, etc, etc. Best of luck with it man, your in an enviable position!

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
skenkie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote skenkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 22:43
this is my growing journey btw for if you want more info and see some of my pics. :)

http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/7846-the-journey/http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/7846-the-journey/
skenkie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote skenkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 22:41
hello my gangja farmer friends.

im from a island in the dutch carribean. I just finish a growing session :) but it totally didn't work out as I want...
I planted some seeds that I got out of some weed that I bought on the island.

the problem I had with them was that they didn't grow bigger then 30cm...
after like 6 weeks they started flowring already. size like 30cm...
I think they did this because its not the right strain too plant here.

here on the island we have no climate change. we always have lots of sun and its around the 30C.
the big problem I have here is that we have always like 13hours of light.... that's why my ladies went into flowering so soon.

Now I want too ask you guys what kind of strain you recommend.
a month ago I orded from sensi seed:
early skunk and Mexican sativa. next week I will have them but now im really scared that I will hit into the same problem....
you guys have any experience in this??
any idea what the early skunk and the Mexican sativa will do here??
and what kind of seeds should I order now for the best result??

I really don't know what too do now and never wanne stop planting!!! so please help me :).

P'z
 Post Reply Post Reply