Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

cheese plant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
forsh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote forsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 09:52
 STASHMAN  . cheers dude ,  many thanks for  the web link , and every 1 for your input , happy growin dudes , FORSH Thumbs Up
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 19:27
hi sticky..i am fine bud hope your ok too on the go are nl.. big bud..and  shiva shanti 1..weather mmmm ok for outdoors can cause temp probs indoors..someone say vodka lol..cheese is a very difficult strain to pin point fact's other than cloned by the exodus group luton england for 18 years and still going strong..1 cheese plant 100 fakesConfused
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 16:05

hi everyone the above information IS correct..she is definetly sativa dominant (very light green slim leaves)..so all the people with big buddahs seeds are NOT anything to do with the ORIGINAL cheese strain which this bank sold as a skunk#1 seed in the late 80's..now a question for sensi  was this strain the same then or as it had more indica introduced since 1988? and i will get a pic of it for yaweed leaf

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 16:38
I think Skunk #1 has remained unchanged since 1980 or before. Successful alterations to the Skunk #1 genotype have been released as other Skunks, but Skunk #1 remains the same.

Having said that, the European definition of Skunks in general seems different from th
US definition. I've never seen what's sold in the US, only read about it. The written information often emphasises the Sativa background of Skunks, but after a while much of that info sounds like it's being repeated from the same source, not based on real-life experience.

In my experience, the Sativa influence is definitely visible in most Skunk hybrids. Usually this influence is seen in the bud formation - making fat calyxes
, causing some 'run' in the buds and a slightly more open structure as calyxes fight for space - without leading to stringiness or making the plants grow out of control in flowering.

Skunks certainly gain more height than straight Indicas, especially when seed plants are flowered, but the overall look is much more on the Indica side.
Skunks are described in Sensi literature as 'Indica/Sativa', as opposed to 'Sativa/Indica' which is used for strains where the Sativa influence is large and has major effects on the performance.

I'm a bit mystified by Cheese, I must admit. At the last couple of canna-trade shows in the
UK, most visitors who had something to smoke described it as Cheese. Standing at the Sensi booth, we received many kind donations/samples from UK enthusiasts, and nearly EVERY one was called 'original Cheese' by the person who gave it.

This happened maybe eight times, and we ended up with eight different kinds of original Cheese - most of which had nothing in common.
Nearly all of it was nice weed - some was excellent, putting me in mind of Jack Flash or something with strong Sativa and Skunk influence. The rest was mostly solid commercial weed with a good coat of yellowish crystal (which is how I'd imagined Cheese, when I first heard if it).

But to this day, I could not tell you what 'Cheese' is supposed to look like.
From the buzz it's generated and the massive differences between most samples, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no general agreement on what it's supposed to look like
Equally, it could be that there were several different long-established mother plants producing weed in different areas, all titled Cheese, because that's the one everyone is currently asking for, so that the definition of 'proper, original Cheese' depends on where you live.

Ah, the cannabis name-game. It sometimes reaches amazing levels here in Dam, especially after a 'new' strain has won a cup. I no longer care about the name of anything I smoke, only how it looks/smells/feels.
forsh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote forsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 17:37
NOW THEN 1 AND ALL smoke eye
   just to say   thanks  to every one  for your input  , and to  you GANGA   for your  outstandin post yet again  , will post pictures tonight for 1 and  all see  { the so called cheese ]   happy growin 1 and all .
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 20:50

thank you ganja for the informative post...you don't have a secretary do you lol.and forsh if you can get a pic up i will try also..two people who know there stuff have assured me this is herso high

forsh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote forsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 23:59
 NOW THEN 1 AND ALL  , have posted pics   in the gallery    CHEESE pic numbers 3,5 ,7,8   SUPER THAI X SKUNK    pic numbers  9,10 , and the rest are ov top 44    . purple x top44 . HAPPY GROWIN 1 AND ALL .Big smile
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 05:02
Very nice Forsh.

I like the bottle shot forsh, its me Favourite in your Gallerie Matie.

Sticky smoke eye

forsh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote forsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:51
 NOW THEN   STICKY  , cheers mate for your input Big smile    .All   the  thai has turned out tobe female  which is prity cool  , just have to tame the  bitch now ? !!!! ,  and thanks again  for all your input   , cheers dude  HAPPY GROWIN 1 AND ALL   .
HomeGrown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HomeGrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 04:05
have a look on uk420, the cheese fairy posts there, lot of info on cheese

u can only guarantee you have the original cheese if you have had a visit from the cheese fairy

suppose the word "cheese" is now a label thats attached to weed so it sells on the streets.

i was told that original cheese was sold in sensi coffee shops followig a visit from the cf

ive not grown it yet,  i will eventually ......but NLX and JH are getting grown before....oh and trainwreck's comming my way for xmas,  the list goes on......cheese dont have that haze high im after

think the common consenus is that all cheese is was an original sensi skunk #1 and the particular pheno was strong.

Since that time skunk #1 was been crossed with afgan by the dutch breeders to suit indoor growers. (whether or not this is true is irrelevant, its now folk law) and the only thing anyone is claiming is that they have kept original sensi genetics in tact.

however, from reading what ganja said above, what ive said dosnt sound accurate....but like all decent weeds, legend, myths and folk law aint that far behind it....

like G13.....u only have to read US court cases to understand that medical researchers have to go to the US Supreme Court to get a lcence to cultivate strong cannabis for medical research, cos the weed grown and supplied by the fed gov is very very weak and not fit the for purpose of medical research....so G13 as a secret US Gov super plant is total crap....but a lot of people are making a lot of money out of it

peace x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>