Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie + very hot weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pesado View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Pesado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie + very hot weather
    Posted: 10 February 2015 at 15:11
Hello, this is my first try and I could use some help. As I'm growing outdoors and taking the plants indoors when it's too hot,  windy or raining heavily, it's pretty hard to find accurate info on the net.

So, this is my diary:

Started in November, start of summer, not so hot, but VERY windy, so they did not get much sun.

From 3 sensi seeds, I got 1 male and 2 females, only could tell the sex for sure less than a couple of weeks ago, but now I see many white hairs on the females and had a good time trimming the male + pollen sacks, which gave me a little high and, believe me: tastes a lot better than the utter crap they sell around here, usually pressed on a hidraulic machine used to press clay bricks, and they do it along with the seeds, insects and all kinds of junk. Seen spiders and cockroach wings while breaking the bricks, it's really terrible quality.

So far, everything is fine:

Temps now, inside are around 33c, outside is blazing, so I took them out a while, watered only the leaves, and will put then back in the sun for 3 more hours or so.. totals about 7 hours  of really hot, strong sunlight.

To keep the soil a little cooler, I've added those light garden "rocks" that I don't know the name, those really light brown ones.

here are 2 photos of the females, with 3 and a half months right now:

(well, can't post photos) will try to host them:

the white hairs started showing in the last 2 weeks or so. they are really popping up fast, but I have no idea of when I'll be able to harvest.

I water them every couple of days, when the earth seems dry and the pots feel light, and liquid fertilizer all around (for the leaves, roots and soil) every 2 weeks as directed.

I'm planting 2 more seeds now, and will try to get everything right this time, because as a first timer, I think I just got lucky to have healthy looking plants, but maybe they are growing a little too slow, really clueless on that, and any advice is very welcome.

Temps over here get easily around 35-40c, so I'm very careful about watering and leaving them outdoors in the sun.

The first time I tried, only tossed some seeds on old pots, got a male and a female, it was too hot and I watered them to cool down, ended up "boiling" the roots, or so I was told.

Anyway, great forum, great seeds, and lots of nice info and photos, pretty happy to be part of it now.

Cheers from south america!

ps. I wasn't joking about the hot weather:

I had to take the thermo out of the sun because the display couldn't handle and all the characters were going black. It went up to 54c in the sun and 38c in the shadow, and it's not even noon yet!

Pesado View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Pesado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 19:58
Another 2 seeds planted, first one popped up today after 3 days in the earth + normal shadow (not dark) + adding a little water every day.

I'll take a picture later.

The older ones got only about 3-4 hrs of afternoon sun today, because it's too hot and I'm still not sure how long should I leave them in the sun.

Post Reply Post Reply