Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Using feminized plants as mothers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stickyicky View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Stickyicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using feminized plants as mothers
    Posted: 03 March 2015 at 23:27
Hello,
I'm new to this forum
I have a question about taking clones from a plant which has been grown from a feminized seed?
first of all, can I use a feminized plant as a mother?
If so? Is there a high percentage that the cuttings I take from it will turn herm or would the cuttings remain female like the mother? Or would the stress put on the mother from taking cuttings force the mother to herm?
I'm working with the early skunk feminized strain.
Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated
Thanks so much
Kweekalot View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Kweekalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 20:49
Hi Stickyicky,

Yes, you can use a feminized plant as a mother and her cuttings (‘clones’) remain female.

However, feminized seeds are not the best breeding material if you have serious plans and want to make seeds.

But there is nothing wrong with taking cuttings from your fem.mothers for your next grow.

Thomas
Stickyicky View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Stickyicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 01:05
Excellent!
Thanks for clearing that up for me
I read a lot of different things online so wanted to be sure
Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply