Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Plant problems (with pictures)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fririshboy View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fririshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plant problems (with pictures)
    Posted: 09 August 2015 at 12:24
Hello everyone!
so this is my first time growing weed I bought 3 Super skunk auto seeds.
I managed to get one plant to grow relativally well.
The plant is growing indoors Under a 50W grow Spectrum light and is poted in NPK soil and I give it water with nutrients every morning. here's a few pics for you guys to tell me what's wrong with the plant:
overall plant
brown stains on leaves
another stain on leaf
branching
roots coming out
artisan du bonheur View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2015 at 14:17
hi,

substrate saturated with water, root rot, they macerate and lack of oxygen,
Remove standing water in cup

Best regards
Artisan
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2015 at 15:00
like art says your soil is too damp, if you leave it for a few days to dry so that when tipped the pot feels light then you should water again. really you want to be watering every couple of days or when the pots get light whichever comes first. from what i've read autos require light feedings, so water one soak and then feed the next and just repeat the cycle. to me the spotting looks like a ph issue which are easily corrected. 50w seems a little low and could explain some of the growth pattern issues but these are also sometimes caused by day and night temp differences. as to your roots showing i would when its dry add another inch of soil to the top. i would advise getting a bigger plant pot tray that has a flat bottom and to start watering from the bottom as plants prefer it this way in my experience.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fririshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 09:00
Merci Artisan! l'assiette était provisoire juste le temps de sortir la plante et prendre les photos :) par contre substrate saturate with water? je vois ce que tu veux dire par là?
artisan du bonheur View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 10:29
yop !

substrat saturé d'eau, à la différence de la pleine terre en extérieur ou tu peux arroser ta plante avec 10l de flotte parce qu'elle va être absorbé par la grande quantité de sol et ainsi la laisser aéré, en pot, si tu met trop d'eau , la terre va absorber le maximum d'eau qu'elle peut, elle ne sera plus aéré et va donc manquer d'oxygène pour les racines qui vont pourrir .

La terre dois être humide comme une éponge essorer et ne jamais être saturé .
Chaque fois que tu satures le pot d'eau tu rends la terre plus compact, elle perd ses propriétés, plus compact elle retient plus l'eau, elle draine moins et est plus pauvre en oxygène.

Amicalement
Artisan
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fririshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 21:15
ok thanks for your tips everyone i'll add some soil and let it drain and dry (since it's all I can do)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 00:23
i was wondering if you could tell me a little more about your set up. maybe we could help you tweak it to get the best you can out of it.
Nec Plus Ultra
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 02:37
Hey there,

Your plants looks more or less healthy to me. I wouldn't mess with them too much.

That said, it can be beneficial when plants experiences a short period of dryness in between waterings.

The yellowing is not much and is not a cause for worry at this stage. If it progresses then you need to take steps to bring it under control. Do keep an eye on it though.

All the best,

OG

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fririshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 13:28
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2015 at 13:46
it looks very happy to me, the first link and your light burn one dont work but no big deal. for next time i would get creative and make some sort of board for your lights to be attached to so it acts as a reflector and makes it far easier to move the lights up and down to keep them as close to the tops of your plants without burning them. i cant see you having light burn issues this time because your lights are not intense enough or close enough to the plants to cause it. a small desk top or clip on fan of about 6 inches in size would also be a good purchase as they help to keep temps down and the wind action strengthens the stems of the plant meaning the can hold more of your precious flowers. if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>