Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSkunk kush under glass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skunk kush under glass
    Posted: 22 August 2015 at 18:48
Thought id post some pictures of my skunk kush that i have growing in the greenhouse, she was meant to be coming indoors to flower but alas she has spider mite so instead she'll have to fend for herself. I will keep treating her for mites but with plants this big it is my experience that you can not rid them of mites totally.

On the plus side we do get to have a bit of fun growing a skunk hybrid in a greenhouse.. i will be insulating the greenhouse as much as possible to stretch the growing season as long as possible, i also have a heater that will help.

You cant really see it but she's about three foot tall and already giving off a nice skunky funk.

Im expecting it to start flowering around the beginning of September but we'll see.

Atbb
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 19:39
very sexy. what kind of pest control do you use, is it biological or chemical?
Nec Plus Ultra
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 22:15
Hey Sickle,
The plant looks absolutely lovely.

Abamectin combined with horticultural oil is a good pesticide mix if you're troubled by spider mites. It absolutely decimates them. It's only slightly systemic and the half-life is not long so there should be no concerns using it on cannabis, especially while the plants are in veg. Even in the first few weeks of bloom it's safe to use.

Abamectin is sold under many different brands around the world, so if you're interested a simple Google search will tell you which brands are available to you locally.

Cheers
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 10:47
Originally posted by CowardlyCustard

very sexy. what kind of pest control do you use, is it biological or chemical?

Hey Mr custard, I use neem and pyrethrium.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 10:50
Originally posted by organicgrow

Hey Sickle,The plant looks absolutely lovely. Abamectin combined with horticultural oil is a good pesticide mix if you're troubled by spider mites. It absolutely decimates them. It's only slightly systemic and the half-life is not long so there should be no concerns using it on cannabis, especially while the plants are in veg. Even in the first few weeks of bloom it's safe to use.Abamectin is sold under many different brands around the world, so if you're interested a simple Google search will tell you which brands are available to you locally.Cheers

Thanks for the heads up og.

It's a real shame I can't flower it indoors because it would of been quite a show, but I don't want to infest the rest of the plants I have to flower.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:15
had you ever thought of diatomaceous earth as a preventative. ive not used it personally as my outdoor experience is naught. just wondered if its ever been on your radar?
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:21
Heard of it never used it though, I'll investagate whether or not it can be applied as a spray...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:26
you spread it on the ground around the base of the plant. stops anymore with climbing aspirations getting to the girls. makes your spray a lot more effective. 
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:34
Yeah I've heard of it used for soil born pests, thrips, gnats etc. I guess it couldn't hurt to have a safe guard them. Maybe next year.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:56
A couple of more shots..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>