Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Skunk Automatic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skunk Automatic
    Posted: 12 November 2015 at 14:40
Hi, everyone!

A while ago I bought Skunk Automatic seeds.
I have now tried to grow two seeds, one at the time, with the same result.
The plants stop growing after 4-6 weeks – with very little foliage and a few buds.

It seems impossible to upload a photo...
Anyone knows how?

Does anyone have any idea why I get this result? In the past I have tried other seeds with good yields.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 04:20
Hi Robbie and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay, first up, it is normal for an auto to begin flowering 4-6 weeks after germination.

The biggest problems auto growers face are related to the lack of a true vegetative period. So, germination and early growth are very important.

If you overfeed seedlings, or try and grow them in cool/cold conditions they will generally behave as you describe.

I have included a link to the post Charly made about uploading to the forum...

Uploading Images
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 08:19
Thank you very much for your reply.
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 08:35
Do you have any recommendations regarding:

temperature
light
soil
feed

I live in northern Europe.

A picture of second plant below.
[/IMG]
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 09:55
temperatures are best between 75f/23c and 85f/29c when the lights are on and can go down to 65f/18c when the lights are off. any lower than this during the dark period will stall growth. any higher then 90f/32c when the lights are on can cause serious wilt and even death of your plants if left unchecked.
lights are best purchased according to the space or tent you are going to put them in. i have used a 250w hps in a 60x60x140 tent. a 400w hps in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent and a 600w hps in a 1.2m square tent.
soil should be a good quality sowing compost or lite mix with about 25-30% added perlite to start them in and then pot them up with a compost for more mature plants when they look like they need it.
feed. no feed at all for the first few weeks. just plain water, rain or tap will do just remember to leave the tap water for a few hours to let any chlorine gas dissipate. and then when you do feed do it sparingly. read the bottles carefully first and start at a quarter strength. autoflowering varieties are very sensitive to nutrients through out the whole of their lifecycle.
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 10:16
TY very much.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 03:41
Thanks for catching this post CC, I'm not here often enough atm.

Looking at your picture Robbie, I'd say you have a combination of not enough light (the stretched out stem) and cold (the lack of growth on the stem).

I can see that the cotyledons (seed leaves) are still attached and still green, so you seem to have enough fertiliser in the soil.

I don't see you harvesting much from that plant now, but warm conditions and bright lighting will help you get as much as is possible.

I tried some autos last spring, unfortunately we had a very cold spring and my plants suffered the same stunting. They look different to yours though because mine didn't lack for light or warmth after they started to flower (making them nice and bushy).

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 15:20
Thank you for your reply.

Since the leaves were dry and crispy, I gave up on that plant.

Guess I have to wait ´til spring for my next attempt. Can't use strong lights where I live, :-)
Robbie27 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Robbie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 18:55
Hello again.

I have now tried a total of nine seeds. Tried to follow advices but I have failed every time. Very small harvest. I really love this one so it's with sadness I give up.
I would be grateful if someone could give me a suggestion on which one to try next.
I want a plant that gets bushy and not so high, indoor, preferably feminized and with not so much smell (live in an apartment). It would also be great if it was forgiving towards it's owners inability to provide the perfect conditions...
I would like to add that I do have succeeded with other varieties before.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 23:53
Hello Robbie,

I assume you're talking about indoor growing, right?
If indoor, you should go with photoperiod strains (=no auto)
Small recap you want a rather short, bushy strain, that doesn't smell much to security issues. A forgiving strain, on top of that, would be perfect.

Northern Lights from White Label is feminized and fills all your expectations.
Very low smell, easy to grow, great mellow high, big yield.
Good stability, which means you can only buy a 3 seeds pack and you'll find a good mother.

Make cuttings, this way, you'll save time for every next harvest!
%3cmile
Cheers,
Prov
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>