Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Expand Your Mind
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Art Inspired by Marijuana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SkinupPinup View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SkinupPinup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Art Inspired by Marijuana
    Posted: 02 March 2016 at 22:27
I did a bit of research on this topic myself and was pretty surprised by the diversity of the marijuana-influenced art I found. Some of it was a bit cheesy, but I really liked the mix media artists like Dan Colen who was actually working with installations inspired by weed and Chris Burden who actual made performance art influenced by cannabis. My favorite stuff that I found was actually by Seth Styles because he mostly did this weird kind of fantasy occult art that wasn't obviously cannabis-related, but the artist admits to using marijuana often while creating his work:

http://www.seth-styles.com/#/tarot-series-occult-art/

If anyone has any other suggestions, please share!
SkinupPinup View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SkinupPinup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2016 at 18:20
On the topic of the spirituality of cannabis, I was wondering if anyone could share any art/artists who were known to be inspired by cannabis or created their work while exploring concepts while on cannabis? I know there are several prominent musical artists but I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of visual arts. Any suggestions or ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply