Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Still Trying to Understand Veganic Growing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SkinupPinup View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SkinupPinup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Trying to Understand Veganic Growing
    Posted: 21 June 2016 at 19:19
I've been reading about a bunch of different growing techniques to help me hone my skills, both indoor and outdoor. I've decided aquaponic growing might be a bit too challenging and I don't want to accidentally end up killing a whole tank of fish through a mistake LOL So, now I'm reading about veganic growing and, while it sounds really cool, I'm curious as to how challenging it is...anyone have any experiences or pointers to share?
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 14:53
just sounds like more hippy-slick advertising to sell products although i have been wrong before. if you were considering aquaponics the best way to go i would imagine is large and outdoors. would take some building but you could have a hydroponic greenhouse fed from the fish pond down in to another holding pond then pumped back up to complete the water cycle. if you ran your pumps with solar or wind and had it set up right the i reckon it would be a winner for what ever you decided to grow in it.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SkinupPinup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 21:29
What kind of fish do you think work best with beginning aquaponics? I'd heard working with tilapia is an easy place to start.
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 01:30
i would go for a mix of species, fast growing that didnt predate on each others eggs. personally i would go for carp as the can handle the winters here, is pretty to look at and is edible too.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SkinupPinup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 19:15
Cool - I think I'm a ways off from actually attempting the balancing act of aquaponics but I work best with a focus. I live in SoCal too so I may have more diversity of fish since our winters aren't harsh. On the other hand, we're in a drought so maintaining a fish pond could set me back.
 Post Reply Post Reply