Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growers Emergency Room
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PH soil level to high

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PH soil level to high
    Posted: 18 August 2016 at 14:43
Hi there,

So I did quite a research already however I'm confused with how many aluminium solfat I should add to my soil. I'm gonna have four-five plants each in a six litter container or 1.6 gallon each so lets say 6.4 gallons.

How much of AL/S should I add to bring it down for one point?

Also I got this bat guano/ worm castings medium which is supposed to do the job, any thoughts?
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 17:48
how do you know that the ph is too hi? 
Nec Plus Ultra
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 17:49
7.5 is to high :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:06
not really. if you were using chemical nutrients i would agree as they would be locked out but if you are using organic nutrients its not a problem. 
Nec Plus Ultra
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:09
interesting...yeah all that is being used is organic stuff.

however do you have experience in case it comes so far?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:19
if you just use rain water with your soil for the first month or so then you can ph the feeds after that if you feel it is necessary and there shouldnt be any problems at all.
Nec Plus Ultra
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:34
well thats great to hear. I will measure the ph of rain water once i get the meter, which should be any day now.

I don't know where you are from but what would be the best brand etc. for getting the PH down in case I need it.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:44
the rain water should be acidic from the co2 dissolved in the droplets as they form. i use phosphoric acid to bring my ph down. there are many brands out there selling the same product so its just a case of going with price or advertising whichever floats your boat.
Nec Plus Ultra
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 18:56
Check! great thanks for the advice.
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 20:19
One more question, during the night or when the light is off does the ven in and out needs to run?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>