Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

first real try.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 04:26
They just look underfed to me, give them something with a decent hit of nitrogen in it and they should do better.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 11:52
hey thanks for comment sarah, and i agree had a night long discussion with a friend of mine about it. And we came up with some reasons for it,
1, cooltube was not installed, got rest of the parts for it early this week looks alot better now.
2 heat sensors was not correctly placed as well as for humidty so i have been 10% less then what it says.
3. at somepoint i must have done some ph misstake and got a lockout or as you just says just underfed. (the only thing i find wierd is that some tips of the underfed once are having what they say is neutburn)

And now a picture that shows how it looked last time and then you might understand why i had some kind of panic here hehe. but over all is getting more sorted now atleast 2 wdh will be nice as it seems. And that was under 2x 200w lowenegry.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 09:35
Greetings.

So things dont go as planned i might say this was gona be a cool grow but hehe more a grow for survival now :P only very nice thing is the grow room is set up correct now and ofc the flowers. I did end the short fat one missery cut it 3 feb smelled awsome very sticky and got me 25 g dry buds and taste is very nice it reached a life of 47 days.

so temp in room is 25-28c humidity around 45-52% started to give them neuts again since i must done a error on the first once but they seems to like it. I must say that my white disel haze plants quite not looking the same maybe you know if i done anything wrong but cant figure it out. so picture time.

so here is the big wdh looks like i have atleats one winner it just keeps on building up :)
day 58

and this is the big white haze the above pic is 1 week older the belove one. it might not be around for so much longer about 30% red hairs on it now pic is from day 58

so here it gets wierd this one is building up crystals like a boss but buds kind is still very small if you know why please tell me.

And here is the other small wdh skinny but develop branches and buds much better then the other think it can be a good harvest in some weeks to come. think it will be very airy buds.

And here is 2 over all pics the top one taken yesterday and the other one like a week ago.

So any questions or suggetions just throw them at me.

best regards.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 02:02
Hello castlecity

I'm gonna try to help you, I've been growing for 11 years and growing mj is my passion.

1) your plants are not underfed, the yellowing of leaves is not due to a lack of N but to overwatering, severe overwatering I should say.
You have to understand that a plant, specially cannabis that likes drier conditions, feeds itself of nutrient like a pump.
You need to read about evapotranspiration, osmotic pressure, and stomate opening and closing,
When climate conditions are good, stomates open when lights are ON.
The rhyzosphere (the medium that holds the root-system) needs to be slightly drier than the plants vascular system (osmotic pressure) so that the plant can pump water and nutrients from the rhyzosphere through the plant's cell walls.
For the plant to pump, it needs drier conditions in the medium than in its vascular system.
When the medium is wet for too long, the plant stop pumping.
Also get rid of that smart-pot. All your pots should be the same.

2) On soil, you don't need to change the pH. Soil buffers the pH.
So quit using your pH meter. Also, if you use organic nutrients, an EC meter is pointless as organic nutrients are not chelated and cannot be measured.

Understand also that growing is always "trials and errors".
Opening a document that you can call "Observations and errors" is a good idea.
This way, you will not commit the same mistakes again.

Provence
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 02:06
This is overwatering ! Some plants take it better than others.
Overwatering symptoms on older leaves.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 09:16
thanks for the comment will def see over my water skills, will leave them dry a little longer see if it help :)

and on your no2 hehe you and the dude in the store i go to dont have same oppinion but i think iam gona trust you on this one.  :)

best regards.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 13:57
;)
That's the problem with soil. It's difficult to know when it's dry enough to water.
Dutch soil growers use a pot probe Blumat that tells when the plant is ready for watering.

Testeur-digital-pour-mesurer-l-039-humidite-du-sol-de-Blumat-50205
%3c3cink
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 14:40
This time i only watred them when they were like really light and i got a stick that have a scale 1-10 and i never water if its 4 or over. but might given them too much water when i actully water them (i just seen a little sip throw so they havent been standing in waterbath) usally i water about 2 liter +-, and in bloom its around every 3-4 days in between.

was thinking since i used organic neuts and still adjusted ph could it be that the ph has been too low?

best regards.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 15:06
No, specially when using organic nutrients, you must not monitor your pH, the acid will kill all the good bacteria. And the soil has a buffer effect so most likely your pH is good.

Well, soil is actually the hardest medium to grow on if you look for perfection.
It's better to learn soil first, but coco and rockwool give a much more predictable harvest....Are you ready to invest a couple hundred bucks ?
:)
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 20:22
Hey so time for an update i think, Provence you was right about the watering i was watring right time but way to much in the beging atleast. They started to look way better when i dident water to much. so i cut down the other white haze auto 15 feb it had a life of 65 days and deliverd 50 g dry buds. Very nice smoke even i know it would have been better with better care.

I also cut down the skinny little wdh 24 feb mostly as you will see in pics belove that it dident build any buds loads of crystals but no more buds about 80% red hairs on it. i weight it yesterday and buds only went to 25g and still think it will drop some more but lots of butter branches :). the big skinny wdh i took down 5 march so still drying but it will be alot more.

I planted a NL#5 haze, pure powerplant and a seed i got form my white haze auto plant in late januari i keep them in veg with a 200 w low energy 24/0, i suspected something would go wrong hehe. but any how i put them in the tent 2 weeks ago and started 12/12 on them and the water result is pretty clear i would say. picture time,

Big skinny white disel haze

last picture of white haze big one.

the little skinne wdh

How its looks nowdays

Nl#5 haze topped and has a net.

Pure powerplant photo taken some days ago she is topped and bended some bracnhes.

the seed i got from white haze auto is 2 weeks older then ppp and nl#5. she is topped some tried to make clones but my poor old clone tent was broken.

And the big wdh almost all color is gone now and about 30-40% red hairs i think but smells really nice and its starting to get more and more sticky but there once again i can see how much better it could have been.

other than that its about 27-28 c in the room 50% humidity but a little cold at night about 18 c. iam very tired and prob forgot some thing so if you wondring somthing just ask me :)

best regards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>